Body Stickers & Temporary Tattoos
Get the look with Spotlight's temporary tattoos & sleeves, great for your next costume party. Shop the range of adult & kids fake tattoos & body stickers!
43 items found.
How do I apply a temporary tattoo?
- Clean and dry the area where you will be applying the temporary tattoo. Oils and hair will disrupt the application process, so make sure the skin is clean and dry, with no long hairs in the way.
- Peel off the protective layer on the back of the temporary tattoo, then carefully place it face-down onto your cleaned skin. Hold it firmly and don't wiggle it around once it is there.
- Press a damp (not dripping wet) washcloth to the back of the fake tattoo and hold it there for one minute. Do not let the tattoo slide around during this time.
- Peel off one corner of the fake tattoo - if you can see it hasn't fully applied, quickly press it back down for another 30 seconds. Otherwise, peel the whole backing off carefully.
- Let your skin air dry but don't touch the temporary tattoo - it's fragile right now!
If your skin feels quite dry, you can use a little water-based moisturiser over the tattoo - avoid oil-based ones, as these will blur your fake tattoo.
How to remove a temporary tattoo?
Body tattoo stickers will fade over time, but there are three ways you can remove them quickly if needed:
- Baby oil - we said to avoid oil-based moisturiser for this reason! Pop a little baby or coconut oil onto a cotton pad and gently rub the tattoo until it begins to flake off. You can then wash off the flakes.
- Nail polish remover - Add some nail polish remover to a cotton bud and gently rub over the tattoo until it begins to flake off. Don't rub too hard, or it may irritate your skin.
- Hand sanitiser - something many of us will have on hand, hand sanitiser should be applied the same way as nail polish remover, although its effectiveness will depend on how strong your sanitiser is.
How do I use body gem stickers?
Bedazzle your skin with face jewels and body gems! There are two ways body and face gems can be applied - some gems come with a sticker-like backing, while others will need to be applied with tweezers and eyelash glue.
Body gems and face jewels with sticky backings are made with hypoallergenic glue and can be stuck straight onto clean, dry skin. If you are using eyelash glue to apply them individually, keep an eye out for latex-free glue as it won't trigger sensitive skin.
Body gems and face gems can be loosened with an alcohol solution and peeled off anytime after application.
Find the right temporary tattoos and body stickers at Spotlight
Our whole range of temporary tattoos, tattoo sleeves and body gems are available for purchase online, where you can choose from delivery or click and collect for your order. You can also find fake tattoos and body gems at your local Spotlight store - our friendly staff will be happy to help you choose the right ones for your event!
For more ways to dress up, check out our range of costumes, accessories and body paint online. Need a little inspiration? Check out our celebrate blog and buying guides for everything you need to know.