|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
It's hard to find someone who doesn't love a homecooked cupcake or muffin. They're perfect for parties, events, celebrations, family get-togethers or simply when you want a delicious treat! Explore our range of baking cups and cupcake liners to make baking tasty cupcakes and muffins easier.
12 items found.
Do baking cups need to be greased?
Baking cups, also known as cupcake liners and cupcake wrappers, are designed to prevent your delicious cupcake or muffin from sticking to the paper, so it's not necessary to grease your baking cups before use. However, if you're baking something with a moist batter, then it's better to be safe than sorry and grease them to make sure nothing sticks when unwrapping.
How to stop cupcake paper cups from sticking
But what happens if you find your cupcake is sticking to the wrapper after you've gone to all that effort? Well, there are a few issues that might be causing this. The first tip is to lightly coat the inside of the cupcake liner with cooking spray. To avoid getting grease all over your fingers, try using a foil cupcake cup like our Wilton Standard Foil Baking Cups.
It could also be your recipe. Recipes with high amounts of sugar will caramelise against the wrapper, so try reducing the amount of sugar you are using. Also, check the temperature before unwrapping your cupcake or muffin. Cupcakes slightly shrink when cooling, so if it hasn't completely cooled down, then the warm parts can cling to the wrapper.
How to use cupcake liners
If you're new to the world of baking or need a helpful refresher, then here is how to use cupcake liners to ensure your baking experience is stress-free:
- Place your cupcake liners into each free slot in your muffin tray (make sure they match the size of your pan before buying).
- Spray the inside of each cupcake wrapper with cooking oil spray, although this isn't required.
- Gently fill each cupcake paper cup with the batter, about two-thirds full (it will rise when baking).
- Bake your cupcakes or muffins according to your recipe.
- Allow them to reach room temperature before frosting or unwrapping to avoid them from sticking to the lining.
What other Baking accessories can I find at Spotlight?
- Packaging and display: once you've gone to all that effort of making your baked creation look beautiful, make sure you choose equally amazing packaging when gifting to a loved one. Our huge range of packaging and display features unique display stands, cake boxes and more.
- Decorating tools: our massive range of cake decorating tools has everything you need to create a masterpiece, from cake turntables and icing sets to cake toppers and birthday candles.
- Bakeware and baking accessories: wanting to try your hand at creating professional-looking cupcakes, muffins and cookies? Then our range of bakeware and baking accessories has everything you need.
- Edible cake decorations: once you've put all that effort into the baking, make sure your hard work looks the part with our huge range of edible cake decorations. You'll find edible glue, glitter, sprinkles, fondant, gold leaf sheets and much more.
Find the Right Baking Cups and Cupcake Liners at Spotlight
Baking a variety of delicious treats is easy with our vast range of baking cups, cupcake liners and accessories at Spotlight. Check out our cake decoration tool buying guide for some helpful advice or our selection of cake projects for some inspiration.
Shop our entire range of baking cups and cupcake liners online or visit us in-store today.