|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Everything you need to know about choosing internal shutters for your home
Are you thinking of installing internal shutters on your windows? Great decision! Spotlight's high quality internal shutters or 'plantation shutters' as they're often called, offer many practical benefits as well as adding timeless style, sophistication and value to your home.
If you are thinking about choosing plantation shutters for your internal windows and doors below is a step by step guide to help make the right decisions:
Why should you choose Spotlight's made to measure internal shutters?
- Our internal shutters are professionally made to measure and fitted to your exact windows and doors.
- Made to measure indoor shutters are used not just to filter light but to control airflow, providing privacy whilst allowing plenty of fresh air to filter through your home.
- Their versatility extends to the fixings enabling great flexibility. Choose from fixed shutters, hinged or double-hinged shutters, and bi-fold or sliding panels to suit both doors and windows.
- Elegant and sophisticated timber shutters are ideal for large windows, bi folds and sliding doors while our smooth PVC indoor shutters are ideal for wet areas of the home.
What to consider when buying internal shutters for your home
Choosing new window coverings for your home is exciting! You can completely change the look and feel of any room in the house with new window coverings, and of course there are many practical features to take into account too.
Types of shutters available and which are best for your home
Spotlight's beautiful range of made to measure indoor shutters can give your windows that wow factor you've been looking for!
Our PVC, fauxwood and timber shutters are high performing window coverings for any room in the house. Things you need to consider when choosing between the different materials are:
- PVC is the best option for wet areas and steamy rooms like bathrooms, laundries and kitchens. They have waterproof properties along with a sleek, smooth finish. If you live in a climate with high humidity PVC shutters won't warp or crack in when exposed to moisture.
- Timber shutters manufactured from basswood provide a beautifully smooth finish with a fine texture and are highly resilient in bedrooms, dining rooms and living areas of the home. Their durability and ease of cleaning make them especially good for family homes with young children.
- Fauxwood offer the timber look with excellent durability and fabulous affordability.
Which is best for your home will depend on your home environment, lifestyle and budget. All our high performing, long-lasting plantation shutters bring a stunning vibe to your interior style.
The features and benefits of internal shutters
Consider the below benefits of installing made to measure internal shutters throughout your home, which extend beyond the pleasing aesthetic include:
- If you want window coverings that maintain their good looks long term, internal shutters offer excellent durability and resilience in family homes
- Spotlight's window shutters are suitable for windows of all shapes and sizes.
- Indoor shutters suit a variety of home designs and interior styles from traditional to modern.
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- There is a choice of colours and timber stains to suit your home decor.
- They offer excellent privacy, light control and security
- Interior window shutters are great insulators.
- Their sophisticated style and high quality finish add to the resale value of your home.
- Quality shutters won't chip, peel or crack.
- Window shutters look beautiful from both the inside and the outside.
- Shutters are safe around children, with no cords or chains to worry about.
Advantages of installing made to measure internal shutters in your home
- Made to measure internal shutters can be used not just to filter light but to control air flow, providing privacy whilst allowing plenty of fresh air to filter through your home.
- Their versatility extends to the fixings to provide you with great flexibility. Choose from fixed shutters, hinged or double-hinged shutters, and bi-fold or sliding panels to suit both doors and windows.
- They add style, sophistication and value to your home.
- Elegant and sophisticated timber shutters are ideal for large windows, bi folds and sliding doors.
What warranty do my shutters come with?
Quality shutters from Spotlight boast premium warranties including 5 years on timber and a 7 year warranty on Fauxwood.
To learn more about Made to Measure warranty, view our terms and conditions.
Will internal shutters suit my home?
You can completely transform any home with our high quality made-to-measure window shutters.
These versatile window coverings have the unique ability to suit a wide variety of home designs from old-fashioned heritage styles to chic contemporary designs and everything in between.
Not only do internal shutters conform to any home environment, but they integrate well with any window or door regardless of the style, size and shape. We can install window shutters to blend perfectly with the existing architraves creating a seamless look you will love.
The slats or louvres are easily adjusted and operate independently of one another, so you can filter the light coming into the room day and night along with the degree of privacy.
With fashionable styles available to suit any room of the house it's easy to install plantation shutters throughout your home! PVC, fauxwood and timber shutters are high performing, fully functional, practical and look amazing in:
- Classic and modern bathrooms
- Kitchens including sleek, fully integrated designer kitchen
- Stylish bedroom suites and single bedrooms
- Cute study nooks or home offices
- Casual open plan living areas
- Formal lounges and dining rooms
You simply can't go wrong with made to measure plantation shutters on any window of any home.
Purchasing and installing indoor shutters
Spotlight provide a free measure and quote service for the purchase of indoor shutters. You can also measure yourself and make an easy online purchase.
At Spotlight our professional installers provide the no-fuss option of having your stunning internal shutters installed for you for a guaranteed professional finish. Alternatively we can supply made to measure window shutters and you can opt for the DIY installation option.
Not only can we provide a free measure and quote and the supply of your made to measure window shutters, but if you choose the DIY installation option our friendly team are happy to provide expert advice.
Care and Maintenance
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your PVC, fauxwood or timber shutters is important.
You can care for your plantation shutters by:
- Dusting, using a soft cloth or a duster made for slats
- Wiping with a damp cloth
- Washing with warm soapy water
When you're ready to spring clean, simply wash them using a bucket of water and mild soap or dishwashing liquid, using a soft cloth. Make sure you dry them with another soft, dry cloth when finished.
Please note that you shouldn't use harsh cloths or scourers, harsh abrasives, chlorine or ammonia-based cleaning products on window shutters. Also be aware that overspray from other cleaning products and insect repellents may cause deterioration of the surface appearance of your internal shutters over time.