Roman blinds (or roman shades) are a stylish window covering which stacks up evenly, making them a sleek and trendy way to block out the sun in any home, and an alternative to roller blinds which are ribbed. Discover the stunning varieties online today!
6 items found.
The Ultimate Guide To Roman Blinds
Roman blinds are a popular window covering for many Australian homes. At Spotlight, homeowners can obtain their roman blinds online, and get the most from the natural light that enters inside their homes.
To ensure our customers have all the information they need to install and use their roman blinds, we have created an overview of valuable information below. So, if you are considering installing some roman blinds, be sure to read through the info we have compiled for you.
How Does A Roman Blind Work?
Roman blinds work by pulling up or letting down the blinds through a rope or some string; these go through a unique mechanism that has been added to the back of the top fabric. As such, roman blinds are available in a range of fabric and are therefore the perfect choice for anyone who loves the traditional look. Of course, there are additional benefits of roman blinds that must be considered.
- Light control options – roman blinds can provide more light control for some households. As these blinds are available in fabric, you can get both sheer and blackout options. As a result, you can let in as little or as much sunlight as you want.
- Black-out roman blinds – when you want to block the sunlight from certain rooms, you can obtain these blinds in a blackout fabric. When they are let down, these blinds will block sunlight completely. Therefore, you can use them in a bedroom.
- Using additional window coverings – another big benefit of using roman blinds is that you can combine them with other window coverings. You can combine roman blinds with curtains easily too, as you can match the fabric!
How Much Are Roman Blinds?
The cost of roman blinds can vary since the size of the roman blinds can influence the cost. Still, compared to other types of blinds, roman blinds could be the most cost-effective.
- Roller blinds price – roller blinds are often considered as the modern form of roman blinds. As such, they can be more expensive. Of course, it depends on the material roller blinds are made of. If made from fabric, they could be in the same price range as roman blinds.
- Venetian blinds price – since Venetian blinds are made from wood, they can be on the higher spectrum where price is concerned. However, Venetian blinds are incredibly durable, and most homeowners prefer them for their rustic and traditional charm.
How To Fit Roman Blinds?
Roman blinds are easy to install, even if you have little experience with such installations. First, position the roman blinds where you want them and then mark the location of the brackets. Then, use a drill to screw the brackets of the blinds in place. Once they are in place, you can mount the rest of the roman blinds on the construction. It is that simple.
Please note that the installation of blinds is pretty similar across the board; this includes alternatives such as vertical blinds and roller blinds. Most blinds will be delivered in the form of a kit, e.g. a roman blind kit, which enable you to install your blinds without much trouble.
How To Clean Roman Blinds?
Roman blinds can be cleaned in the same manner as most roller blinds. You can vacuum them with a dedicated attachment, or simply wipe them down with a damp cloth. For persistent stains, you can use some gentle detergent and some water to damp the stain out.
Roman Blinds Installation Tips
Before we elaborate on the installation of your roman blinds, we want to stress how important it is to look for a blinds offer. When you get an offer, you often get additional tools and accessories that can make the installation easier. Of course, always double-check offers to ensure everything is included.
When you want to install your roman blinds, always consider how your blind will hang first. Roman blinds can be installed on the inside of the window, but they can also be mounted over the window. Naturally, these different locations can influence the measurements you have taken for your blinds.
If you wish to clean your roman blinds before they get installed, always check how your blinds should be cleaned. In most cases, a symbol is displayed on the label. If a “P” is presented on the label, the blinds should only be dry cleaned.
During your installation, always keep all the cords and chains separate. One of the common problems that can occur is the cord and chain getting tangled before it is mounted. As a result, it may lead to having to disassemble the entire construction, which is less than ideal.
If you have children at home, always make sure your installation is out of reach of small children. Keep chains and cords at a height only reachable for adults to avoid problems in the future.