|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Harry Potter Competition 2018
Be Spellbound by this ultimate competition to WIN a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ at Universal Studios Hollywood™!
To enter, visit https://cloud.email.spotlight.com.au/comp?p=HP18 and in 50 words or less, tell us 'which Harry Potter character do you think you are most like and why?'
Congratulations to the winner of our Harry Potter Competition:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Harry Potter Competition
Commencement Date: 12.01am AEDT on Wednesday 14th November 2018
Closing Date: 11.59pm AEDT on Monday 24th December 2018
Who can enter
All current Australian residents who are or become a Spotlight VIP Club member during the Promotion Period (Member)
How to enter
To enter, Members must visit:
During the Promotion Period, complete the entry form (including name, contact details, VIP Club number) and in 50 words or less, answer the question, ‘Which Harry Potter character do you think you are most like and why’.
2 x adult return economy flights (including flight taxes) to Los Angeles California from the winner’s closest Australian capital city.
2x children return economy flights (including flight taxes) to Los Angeles California from the winner’s closest Australian capital city.
3 x nights accommodation at the Sheraton Universal Hotel or Hilton Universal City (or equivalent) for two adults and two children (maximum two rooms) including airport transfers from LAX.
4 x Universal Studios Hollywood™ one day General Admission tickets. Tickets will be valid for the date(s) printed on the front of the ticket. Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of each ticket is $129.00.
1x $500 Visa Gift Card
Total prize value = Approximately AUD $10,000.00
Prize must be booked by 30 November 2019 and redeemed in full by 13 December 2019. Prize cannot be redeemed for travel during the blackout periods over Easter (17 April 2019 – 23 April 2019) and summer school holidays (9 January 2019 – 31 January).
Universal Studios HollywoodTM one day General Admission tickets may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner. Tickets do not guarantee admission to the park on high attendance days. Park, lands, attractions and entertainment subject to change or closure, including for capacity, refurbishing, weather, force majeure, and special events. Tickets are not valid for special events requiring a separate entrance fee. Universal Studios HollywoodTM will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets. Winner must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Tickets are non-transferable. Universal Studios Hollywood reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Universal Studios HollywoodTM is a prize supplier only in this Competition; is not a sponsor or promoter of this Competition; and is not responsible for the administration of the Competition, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Studios Hollywood tickets forming part of the prize itself shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provision therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
Prize Selection Method
The Promoter will judge the entries and determine the winner, which it considers in its sole discretion, to be the most creative answer to the question ‘Which Harry Potter character do you think you are most like and why?’.
Initial Prize Selection
Will take place at the Promoter’s office (address below) at 2pm AEDT Wednesday 9th January 2019
Unclaimed Prize Selection
If prize is not claimed within 1 months of the Initial Prize Selection, an unclaimed prize selection will be conducted at the Promoter’s office (address below) at 2pm AEDT Wednesday 13th February 2019
Spotlight Pty Ltd (ABN 39 564 861 886), Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205, Australia
1. The above table forms part of these T&Cs and contains details concerning when, who and how to enter; the time, place & method of prize selection; prize details; and who the promoter is and any permit details. Products required to be purchased for entry (if any) will not always be available at every store or via the shop at home service or online store and any rainchecks, lay by purchases or payments will not be counted for entry purposes.
2. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies, and employees of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win the prize.
3. All prize selection/s are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The winner/s will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the relevant prize selection, and in writing as far as practicable within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the prize selection. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website.
5. The winner/s consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoter including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoter’s Internet site, social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
6. The prize/s cannot be exchanged for any other prize, and except in the case of cash prizes, cannot be exchanged for cash. Prize/s are not transferable. Prizes comprising gift cards/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions related to those gift cards/vouchers and might have an expiry date or redemption conditions.
7. All other costs not included in the prize package are the winner’s responsibility. These include without limitation, costs relating to passports, visas, government levies, ground transport, travel insurance, meals, beverages, additional taxes, all insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to additional room charges such as pay per view movies, laundry, room service, mini-bar, telephone calls), any upgrades, pre-flight or inflight purchases or additional nights and all other ancillary costs.
8. The winner and each of their companions are responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoter strongly recommends travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the winner’s holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
9. The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner’s choice if that person is over 18 years of age or to a guardian of that person if that person is under 18 years of age.
10. The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked by 30 November 2019 (“Redemption Deadline”) and redeemed in full by 13 December 2019. To redeem the prize, the winner shall provide the Promoter with the full name of the travellers as appears on their passport and confirm preferred dates of travel at least 1 month prior to the preferred departure date. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of reservation. No changes to itinerary and accommodation is permitted once the Promoter has confirmed dates of travel and accommodation or if allowed, it may be subject to a surcharge or administrative fees which shall be borne by the winner. If the winner fails to redeem the whole or part of the prize within the Redemption Deadline, the relevant unredeemed portion of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute that prize for another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory where required.
11. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, subject to the approval of those authorities which have issued permits for the conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
13. The Promoter will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost. If a Membership card/number is not produced at the time of purchase, then that purchase will not be credited against the Member’s accumulated total for the purposes of entering the competition. If the P.O.S System fails or if the Membership number is recorded incorrectly, every effort will be made to record the data not captured at the time of the purchase, where practical.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in connection with the competition, any omission to enter a person into the competition, acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.