|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Shop Singer sewing machines & equipment at Spotlight and make your sewing experience easier than ever. Shop Singer sewing machine accessories today.
20 items found.
Why Should I Choose A Singer Sewing Machine?
No matter if you are an experienced seamstress or a beginner looking for your first machine, the Singer brand is well known for producing cutting-edge sewing machines since 1851. At Spotlight we are proud to offer you a wide range of Singer sewing machines, from computerised sewing machines with heaps of time-saving features to smaller machines with all the essentials that are perfect for beginners and light projects.
You can also find overlockers, steam irons, extension tables and specialised sewing machine accessories in the Singer brand, including their recommended machine oil. Whether in-store or looking for Singer online, we'll have what you need at Spotlight!
Are Singer Sewing Machines Suitable For Beginners?
While plenty of Singer's specialised sewing machines are designed for experienced seamstresses, beginners don't need to be left out! There are many Singer sewing machines that are great to learn on - here are the features you need to keep an eye out for:
- The number of stitches - the reason we use a sewing machine is to make the sewing experience faster and easier, and all sewing machines will come with a certain number of stitches they can create. Make sure to research what kinds of stitches you will need for the project you have in mind and if your desired machine is capable of them!
- Needle threader - having to thread a needle can be a tricky and frustrating experience, but some machines have an automatic needle threading function. You may want to learn how to do it manually, but if taking the time isn't for you, look for a Singer machine with this feature.
- Bobbin compartment - look for a sewing machine with a clear bobbin compartment or one that comes with an indicator that will alert you when you need to change the bobbin. The ones on the top of the machine are the easiest to load!
Do you want a mechanical or computerised sewing machine? There are benefits to both you should be aware of:
- Mechanical sewing machines allow you to learn the sewing stitches and other skills yourself and are more hands-on. They tend to be more straightforward than their computerised counterparts and are easier to maintain. They're usually cheaper too!
- Computerised sewing machines have many of their functions automated and usually come with a screen that allows you to browse and select their many functions. They will do most of the fiddly work for you but tend to be harder to maintain and pricier to buy.
What Sewing Tools, Supplies and Accessories do I Need to Start Sewing?
- Fabrics - choose from our wide selection of dressmaking fabrics to make your next project! We have a great range of woven and knitted fabrics, as well as linings and specialty materials.
- Haberdashery - find all the small tools and accessories you need for sewing in our haberdashery section! From buttons and bobbins to threads and zips, we've got all the pieces you need for your next project.
- Sewing patterns - want to start sewing but not sure what to make? Check out our extensive range of sewing patterns for a great variety of outfits you can make!
Find The Right Singer Sewing Machines At Spotlight
Start your sewing journey with Singer! Find your Singer sewing machine online, where you can choose from a variety of payment options and get your products conveniently delivered. You can also visit your local Spotlight store to view the range of Singer machines in person - we've got one of the best selections of Singer sewing machines in Australia!
For more sewing ideas and inspiration, check out our create blog for articles like how Hannah turned her sewing hobby into a business! And if you're new to sewing, why not read our guide to sewing for some handy tips and tricks?