MACRAME WALL HANGING
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 x 50m 'Semco' Macrame Cord 90% Cotton 10% Polyester.
- 1 Ball each of 3 Colours, ABBEY ROAD 100 gram Bulky Yarn.
- 8mm Crochet hook.
- 2.5cm x 68cm Flat Dowel, TasOak (hardward store) - Round or a branch can also be used.
- Craft Glue.
- Rubber Bands - to hold wrapped cords, with more taken out as needed.
- Sticky Tape can be used to wrap around the ends to prevent fraying.
57 (not including dowel) x 60cm
W.C. - Working Cords, term given to cords to make knots.
F.C. - Filler Cords, term given to cords that knots are made around.
Cut lengths as follows:
W.C.: 36 x 4 metres(for body of work), 1 x 4 metres(for hanging), off cuts for adding.
Note: To better manage this work, you can support each end of the rod on the backs of chairs and work sitting down.
When referring to cord numbers, it is a new count from left to right to identify the working cord to use.
Step 1: Attach W.C. to rod, using a L.H. knot. 72 W.C. in total.
Step 2: Working from left to right, take first cord as a F.C. lay horizontally and work a row of H.D.H.H. R to end.
Step 3: Working in alternating S.K. work 2 rows. With first row using all W.C, and 2nd row with first 2 W.C. and last 2 not worked.
Step 4: Work 4 S.K. with first 16 W.C, skip next 20 W.C. then work 6 S.K. with next 24 W.C, leave last 12 cords not worked.
Step 5: Skip first 2 cords, work 2 S.K. with next 8 W.C. skip next 32 W.C. then work 2 S.K. with next 8 W.C, leave last 22 cords not worked.
Step 6: Working from right to left and follow the wavy line along the bottom of the alternating S.K, take last cord as a F.C. lay horizontally and work a row of H.D.H.H. L to end.