|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Sewing Machines & Overlockers
Shop a wide range of quality sewing machines at Spotlight. Find a great value sewing machine from trusted brands including Brother, Elna, Singer & more.
12 items found.
Shop Quality Sewing Machines & Overlockers Online
Spotlight has an extensive collection of sewing machines and overlocker machines from trusted brands. Get the perfect sewing machine for your sewing project, whether you are a serious dressmaker or just starting out. We have a sewing machine for every skill level and budget right here.
What Sewing Machines Are Available At Spotlight?
At Spotlight you will find quality computerised digital sewing machines which are a popular choice for all skill levels. Additionally, we have a range of heavy duty mechanical sewing machines which are great for the advanced creator. We stock machines form trusted brands including Singer sewing machines, Brother sewing machines, Elna sewing machines and more. Plus our collection of overlockers will help you achieve professional results. For small projects and hobbyists, check out the mini sewing machines range and find the perfect one.
Which Sewing Machine is Best For Dressmaking?
There are a couple of properties you need to look at to ensure you have the right sewing machine. While digital sewing machines are always the best option, as they provide a lot more functions, they can be a larger investment. Fortunately, entry level electronic sewing machines provide plenty of features these days.
Top Sewing Machine Features To Look Out For:
- One-step buttonhole: With this feature, you can easily place the buttonholes on your garments in minimal time. Creating a buttonhole only requires one easy step.
- The freearm: Some sewing tasks can be incredibly precise, and you may even need to sew in a circular fashion. The freearm enables you to do this without any restrictions.
- Adjustable needle positions: Being able to adjust the position of your sewing needle proves useful for a million different projects. Much like the freearm, it enables you to tackle more delicate tasks with greater ease.
- Different stitches: Some digital sewing machines come with dozens of different stitches, which can be interesting for more advanced crafters. For beginners, we suggest getting a machine with the basic utility stitches which include the straight stitch, zigzag, buttonhole stitch and the reverse stitch.
For more detailed information read the comprehensive Sewing Machines Buying Guide.
What Sewing Tools Do I Need?
A sewing machine and a good measuring tape are the basics, but you also need other tools to make your sewing experience that more efficient.
Here are some of the must-haves before you start with dressmaking.
- Measuring Tools: While a good measuring tape will get you quite far, a good ruler, measuring mat and even a curved ruler will ensure you can accurately measure on any surface.
- Fabric Scissors & Regular Scissors: You should always have a good pair of fabric scissors to cut your fabric. Fabric scissors protect the fabric against unravelling and ensure a more even cut. Pattern cutting is also a part of dressmaking, so you must have a pair of regular scissors.
- Chalk or Fabric Markers: There will always be a need to mark certain things on your fabric - this could be an alteration or even a line where you need to cut fabric. Once you have made the garment, simply wash the fabric to remove the chalk mark.
- Pins: Get essential dressmaking pins so you can accurately align your patterns and fabric while sewing.
Shop The Range Of Sewing Machines Online And In-Store
At Spotlight, you can find a marvellous collection of sewing machines - these range from embroidery sewing machines to quilting machines and regular sewing machines. Also stock up on fabrics, sewing patterns and sewing machine parts so you will have a smooth operation. Check out our collection now, get FREE sewing projects for inspiration and join the VIP Club for exclusive offers.