SHAGGY BUNNY COOKIES
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Roll-Out Cookie Dough or your favourite cookie recipe
- Pink Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Violet Icing Color, 1 oz. Gel Food Coloring
- Royal Blue Icing Color, 1 oz.
- White Decorator Icing- Medium Consistency, 16 oz.
- Sky Blue Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Rolling Pin
- Recipe Right Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Decorator Preferred 9inch Angled Spatula
- Decorating Bags, 16-Inch Disposable Piping Bags, 12-Count
- Multi-Opening Cake Decorating Tip 233
- Flower, Bunny and Egg Cookie Cutter Set, 3-Piece
Step 1 - Bake cookies. Prepare cookie dough following your favourite recipe instructions. Using bunny cutters, cut out dough. Bake and cool.
Step 2 - Tint icing. Using Lemon Yellow and Pink icing colors, tint 1/4 cup icing each yellow and pink. Tint 1/4 cup icing each blue and purple using color combinations provided. Combine Sky Blue and Royal Blue icing colors to get blue color shown. Combine Violet and Pink icing colors to get purple color shown. Reserve 1/2 cup icing white.
Step 3 - Decorate cookies. Prepare three decorating bags with tip 233. Using spatula, stripe bags in the following color combinations:
Bag 1: pink, purple and white icing
Bag 2: Blue, yellow and white icing
Bag 3: Blue, purple and white icing
Step 4 - Fit the decorating bag with Multi-Opening Decorating Tip 233 and fill 1/2 full with medium consistency icing. Hold the decorating bag 90 degrees straight up, the tip should be 1/8 in. above surface.
Step 5 - Squeeze bag to form grass. Pull up and away when icing strand is long enough (about 1/2 inch) stop pressure and pull tip away. Grass will be neatly formed only if you stop squeezing before you pull tip away.
For a more natural look sometimes pull tip slightly to the right or left, instead of straight up. Remember to keep clusters close together so cake does not show through.