PAINTED FONDANT EGG COOKIES
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Decorator Preferred White Fondant, 24 oz.
- Violet Icing Color, 1 oz. Gel Food Coloring
- Pink Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Pure Lemon Extract, 2 oz.
- FoodWriter Extra Fine Tip Edible Markers
- Clear Piping Gel for Cake Decorating, 10 oz.
- Creamy Peach Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Kelly Green Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Roll-Out Cookie Dough or your favourite cookie recipe
- Golden Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Sky Blue Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Rolling Pin
- 14x20 Aluminum Cookie Sheet
- Cake Decorating Tools, 5-Piece Brush Set
- Flower, Bunny and Egg Cookie Cutter Set, 3-Piece
Step 1 - Make cookies using your favourite cookie recipe. Prepare cookie dough following recipe. Roll out 1/16 in. thick, cut out shapes, bake and cool cookies.
Step 2 - Decorate fondant. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Separately mix icing colours with lemon extract to a watercolour consistency. Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Violet with a touch of Pink for violet shown. Paint rounded flower shapes approx. 1 1/2 in. diameter randomly, paint different colour centers while still wet. Paint 1-2 leaves per flower. Let dry a few minutes. Use black FoodWriter marker to draw rough outlines around each flower and leaves and add details to some centers.
Step 3 - Decorate cookies. Use egg cutter to randomly cut out fondant eggs. Brush tops of cookies with piping gel and attach fondant eggs.