BEST IN SHOW RIBBON
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Coloured Paper (thick) - 2 colours
- Bone folder (optional)
- Paint markers or Felt tip markers
- Double sided tape (12mm width)
- Strong thread
- Something round to trace around (circle template 7cm diam)
- Brooch pin & sticky tape (optional)
1 - Cut out the following shapes from coloured paper
- colour A , Large Rectangle measuring 10cm x 30cm (main rosette)
- colour B , 2 x thin rectangles measuring 2.5cm x 10cm each (ribbons)
- colour B , circle 7cm diameter (center)
2 - On the back of the large rectangle measure out and mark 1cm increments along the longest sides. Using the blunt side of the scissor blade (or bone folder), score paper along marks then fold like an accordion in a zig-zag fashion.
3 - Press the 'accordion' together and gently fold it in half to mark the center. Wrap thread around center a few times to secure and tie off firmly. Fan out the sides of the accordion till they touch making a circle shape. Using double sided tape, stick the fanned edges together to make a rosette. Set aside.
4 - On the paper circle, write 'Best in Show' or your message of choice with markers.
5 - Attach paper circle to the front of the rosette with double-sided tape.
6 - Cut a triangle shaped notch out of each thin paper rectangle to make ribbon tails. Attach ribbons to the back of rosette with double sided tape.
7 - Attach brooch pin to the back of rosette if desired.