SUKI MCMASTER PRAM LINER
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1m Koala Tram Montreaux Drill
- 1m x 40cm Cotton/Bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann thread
- Pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Sewing machine
- Paper for making pattern
1.5cm seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
- To make your pattern measure the length and width of pram. Cut a rectangle of paper the required size. Mark the positions for the opening for the straps on the paper rectangle.
- Adding 1.5cm for seam allowances on all sides use your paper pattern to cut out two rectangles of fabric and one rectangle of batting the required size.
- Optional - Take the one fabric rectangle and round all four corners using a plate and fabric marker. Do not cut curves yet.
- With batting on table place the fabric rectangle without the curved corner markings on top with right side facing up. Place fabric with markings on top right with side down. Pin to hold all 3 layers together.
- Sew around the edge leaving a 15cm opening in the bottom edge for turning through.
- Trim batting back to seam line to reduce bulk. Trim curves and turn right side out. Press well, pressing in seam allowance of opening and pin. Topstitch around the edge enclosing opening within the stitching.
- Using your pattern mark position of strap openings. Using a zigzag stitch, zigzag down each long side, leaving 4mm space between as in diagram 1. Then zigzag down each short side to close ends, diagram 2.
- Using seam ripper and small sharp scissors carefully cut opening.