CORD HEAT PACK
What you'll need:
- Printed Cotton Pinwale Cord x .2m
- Fabrics to use:
- Gutermann Cotton Sewing thread
- 900gms organic whole wheat grain (available from health, wholefoods or pet food stores)
- Sewing machine
- Ruler/tape measure
Step 1 - Cut one-piece measuring 75cm wide by 18cm high from cotton pinwale cord fabric.
Step 2 - With right sides facing, fold fabric in half aligning short ends. Pin all sides and sew together with 1.5cm seam allowance leaving approximately an 8cm opening in the middle of the short end seam.
Step 3- To further secure the seams, sew another row of stitching or overlock seams.
Step 4 - Turn bag out the right way through the end opening and press flat.
Step 5 - In a bowl, measure 900grams of whole wheat grain.
Step 6 - Using a funnel, slowly fill bag with wheat. Do not over fill the bag. The wheat bag should not be filled more than 3/4 full.
Step 7 - Pin opening closed and top stitch the whole short end of bag with two rows of stitching.
Instructions for use:
- Wheat bags can be used from the fridge or freezer as cold press packs
- Wheat bags can be heated in the microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.
- Shake bag after heating to distribute the heat in the wheat.
- DO NOT OVERHEAT
- Never leave the wheat bag unsupervised in the microwave
- Do not use a heated wheat bag under bedding as wheat may spontaneously ignite
- Never place heated wheat bag directly on skin as may cause burns
- Regularly check your wheat bag for signs of wear or scorching
- Only ever use 100% natural fiber fabrics for wheat bags