|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
TWINKLE TWINKLE COT QUILT
WHAT YOULL NEED
- Fabrics are from 'Twinkle Twinkle range
- 40cm Fabric A - Twinkle Animals Over, natural
- 60cm Fabric B - Twinkle All Over, white
- 40cm Fabric C - Twinkle Owl Stars, natural
- 50cm Fabric D - Bear Essentials Swirls, yellow (includes binding)
- 1.5m Fabric C or fabric of choice for backing
- 1.5m Cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
Note: All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed. 1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated. Read all instructions carefully before commencing project.
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From Fabric A cut 1 x 14 1/2" strip.
- From Fabric B cut 2 x 11" strips.
- From Fabric C cut 2 x 6" strips.
- From Fabric D cut 2 x 3" strips and 5 x 2 1/2" strips for binding.
Step 1. Layout the strips in the following order - Fabric B, Fabric C, Fabric D, Fabric A, Fabric D, Fabric C, Fabric B, ensuring that all fabrics are facing in the right direction.
Step 2. Starting at the top, sew the Fabric C strip to the bottom edge of the Fabric B strip.
Step 3. Sew a Fabric D strip to the top and bottom edges of the Fabric A strip.
Step 4. Sew the Fabric C strip to the top edge of the Fabric B strip.Step 5. Sew the 3 sections together, pressing all seams downwards.
Step 6. Layer the backing, batting and quilt top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 7. Join the 5 x 2 1/2" binding strips together on the bias to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your quilt.