Spotlight’s bath mats include non slip bath mats, large bath runners, bamboo bath mats & more! Find the perfect style in-store & online today.
47 items found.
Add A Layer Of Style To Your Bathroom With Soft & Absorbent Bath Mats
Bath mats can be much more than a practicality in your bathroom. While their function may be to absorb water and prevent accidents, they can also complete your bathroom styling with a splash of colour or rich texture. At Spotlight, you can find bath mats in a range of different sizes, textures, patterns and tones to suit your individual style and budget. You can also explore our range of towel collections which consist of matching bath mats, bath towels, bath sheets, face washers and hand towels to create a perfectly coordinated pampering haven in your bathroom.
Discover The Perfect Bath Mat For Your Home
With a range of different styles and types of bath mats available, it can be hard to know which the right option is for your bathroom. Here is a quick breakdown of the different designs you can find in Spotlight's range:
- Border bath mats: Featuring a frame or border as part of the embossing in the texture of the mat, suited to more traditionally styled bathrooms.
- Contour bath mats: Shaped to fit around the 'bends' of the bathroom such as the soft curves of a bathtub or toilet.
- Shower mats: Rubberised, as opposed to soft fabric, so they are waterproof and grip the floor of the shower or bathtub to prevent you from slipping.
- Bamboo bath mats: Constructed as wooden slats to allow the water to drain through, and also to create a more slick, contemporary look for the bathroom.
You'll also want to consider:
- Materials: Fabric bath mats are often made from luxurious materials that feel soft to the touch and are ultra-absorbent and quick-drying to weather the wet they'll encounter on a daily basis. Common fabrics for bath mats include chenille, cotton and microfibre blends.
- Size: Given bath mats come in different sizes, first measure your entire bathroom and then measure the space where you wish to place your mat. Doing so ensures the ideal fit to cover any water splashing from your tub or shower without taking up too much visual space in your bathroom.
Bath Mats FAQs
How to wash bath mats
Bathroom rugs, bath mats or bathroom runners should typically be washed on the gentlest cycle recommended for the fabric type. Use a cold wash and a mild detergent, and dry it either on the line or on the lowest setting in your dryer. Never use heat when laundering or drying bath mats that have a rubberised backing, as this can cause the material to deteriorate. And of course, always refer to the manufacturer's care label and take note of any special instructions.
How to stop bath mats slipping
If you favour a bath mat design that doesn't have a grippy or rubberised back, don't worry! A simple and affordable hack is to use a piece of rubber or PVC shelf liner underneath your bath mat. Also referred to as "Magic Grip", these liners are a durable, non-slip and washable material that's specially designed to keep pantry items, decorative ornaments, textiles and furniture in place. There's no need to attach the shelf liner permanently in place. Just cut it to size and lay it under the bath mat!
How often should you replace bath mats?
When it comes to swapping out your bath mat with a fresh one, you should do this every other week, though you may want to launder your bath mats more frequently if a lot of people are using the bathroom regularly. Replace your bath mat completely every 2 years, or sooner if it's starting to show signs of wear and tear.
Shop Bath Mats & Bathroom Accessories With Spotlight
At Spotlight, you can find everything you need to complete your bathroom with stylish and practical features. Explore the selection of towels, bathroom accessories such as tumblers and towel rings, bathroom storage including shower caddies and shelves, and much more! You can discover the complete bathroom range in-store, or shop it all online and enjoy the convenience of home delivery for your order. Spotlight's VIP members can access exclusive benefits such as discounts and advance sale notifications, so if you're not a member already make sure you sign up today!