Lay-By At Spotlight
Manage your purchases and spending with ease thanks to Spotlight’s convenient layby service. Choose to pay off your art, craft, sewing & home interior essentials in easy instalments. Available on purchases of $50 or more, you can access the layby service in-store at your local Spotlight.
Lay-by is a great way to manage your spending, allowing you to take advantage of our great sales while paying off your purchases over 13 weeks. We’ll keep your items secure until final payment, making this a great option for keeping special gifts a secret until the time is right!
Speak to one of our friendly team members about creating a layby at your next in-store visit. Simply take your goods to a service or dedicated layby counter, and with a 20% deposit we’ll set up your layby and payment schedule in just a few simple steps!
Yes, lay-by is available in all Spotlight Stores.
Lay-by is not currently available to customers who purchase goods online.
Once you have chosen the goods you wish to lay-by, you can take them to any register where our team members will assist you to complete a Lay-by agreement. At this stage you will be provided with the lay-by terms and conditions and your items will be packed and stored safely in our lay-by holding area.
Yes, items on promotion can be placed on lay-by at the promotional price.
No, Made to Measure items cannot be placed on lay-by. However, progressive payments can be made on Made to Measure goods. See Custom Made terms and conditions.
Lay-by payments can be made in person at a Spotlight store. You can only make payments in the store where the lay-by was commenced. Final payment is to be made in person in the store the lay-by was commenced where your goods will be made available to you.
Over the phone lay-by payments with a credit card are only available for the following transactions:
- Balloon orders
- Regional customer’s lay-by payments
- Made 2 Measure payments
- Regional customer’s product purchases
The maximum amount for a phone lay-by payment or sale must not exceed $200.
- An initial deposit of 20% is required.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no more than 14 days must elapse between instalment payments.
- Non-payment of any instalment is considered a breach of the agreement and Spotlight may cancel the lay-by agreement after providing 14 days written notice to your last known address.
- It is your responsibility to notify Spotlight of any change of address or contact details.
- Lay-bys must be finalised within 13 weeks of the date of the agreement.
- A lay-by cancelled by the customer will incur a fee of $5.00.
- If the lay-by sale is cancelled, a refund of the deposit and all payment instalments will be made minus the $5.00 cancellation fee.
- The goods must be paid for in full before they will be made available for collection.
- Ownership of the goods will not pass to you until the purchase price has been paid in full and the terms and conditions of the lay-by agreement fulfilled.