Lay-by at Spotlight
Does Spotlight offer lay-by to customers?
Yes, lay-by is available in all Spotlight Stores.
Does Spotlight offer lay-by to customers who purchase online?
Lay-by is not currently available to customers who purchase goods online.
How do I arrange a lay-by in Spotlight stores?
Once you have chosen the goods you wish to lay-by, you can take them to any register where our team members will assist you to complete a Lay-by agreement. At this stage you will be provided with the lay-by terms and conditions and your items will be packed and stored safely in our lay-by holding area.
Can I lay-by items that are on promotion?
Yes, items on promotion can be placed on lay-by at the promotional price.
Can I lay-by Made to Measure items?
No, Made to Measure items cannot be placed on lay-by. However, progressive payments can be made on Made to Measure goods. See Custom Made terms and conditions.
How do I make payments on my lay-by?
Lay-by payments can be made in person at a Spotlight store. You can only make payments in the store where the lay-by was commenced. Final payment is to be made in person in the store the lay-by was commenced where your goods will be made available to you.
Over the phone lay-by payments with a credit card are only available for the following transactions:
- Balloon orders
- Regional customer’s lay-by payments
- Made 2 Measure payments
- Regional customer’s product purchases
The maximum amount for a phone lay-by payment or sale must not exceed $200.
What are the terms and conditions associated with my lay-by agreement?
1. An initial deposit of 20% is required.
2. Unless otherwise agreed, no more than 14 days must elapse between instalment payments.
3. Non-payment of any instalment is considered a breach of the agreement and Spotlight may cancel the lay-by agreement after providing 14 days written notice to your last known address.
4. It is your responsibility to notify Spotlight of any change of address or contact details.
5. Lay-bys must be finalised within 13 weeks of the date of the agreement.
6. A lay-by cancelled by the customer will incur a fee of $5.00.
7. If the lay-by sale is cancelled, a refund of the deposit and all payment instalments will be made minus the $5.00 cancellation fee.
8. The goods must be paid for in full before they will be made available for collection.
9. Ownership of the goods will not pass to you until the purchase price has been paid in full and the terms and conditions of the lay-by agreement fulfilled.