At Spotlight you can find tablecloths in a great range of sizes & shapes and with a variety of colours, prints & designs. Shop in-store or online now!
40 items found.
Elevate Your Table Settings With Tablecloths From Spotlight
Covering your table with a tablecloth is a great way to instantly refresh your dining space and add a touch of charm or sophistication. Protect your table surfaces and show your personal flair with a stunning tablecloth. Whether you need a round tablecloth or a rectangular or square tablecloth, at Spotlight you can find any size you need in a range of colours, textures and patterns. From chic flannel tablecloths to breezy linen tablecloths discover a huge range today.
What else can I find in Spotlight's range of table linen & accessories?
No matter the event or dining occasion, Spotlight has everything you need to prepare a gorgeous table setting:
What size tablecloth do I need?
First of all, the shape of your table - whether round, square, rectangular or oval - will determine what size or type of tablecloth you need. At Spotlight, our tablecloth sizes are conveniently based on the number of seats that the tablecloth accommodates for any given shape.
The best way to get the correct size tablecloth is to measure your tablecloth, and then calculate the required overhang. Overhang is the amount of tablecloth that extends over the sides of the table.
Here are some formulas for calculating drop size:
- Round tables: For a round table, simply measure across the width of the table (the diameter). Multiply the drop length you want by 2 and add the figures together. This will give you the tablecloth size you need. Eg:
- Table diameter = 180cm
- Tablecloth drop required = 20 cm x 2 = 40 cm
- 180 cm + 40 cm = 220 cm
The size tablecloth you need to look for is 220 cm (2.2 metres).
- Rectangular or square tables: Measure the length and add the drop length required times 2, then do the same with the width. So, for a 20 cm drop:
- Length = 155 cm + 40 cm = 195 cm
- Width = 95 cm + 40 cm = 135 cm
The size tablecloth you need to look for will be 195 cm (1.95 m) x 135 cm (1.35 m).
How to remove wax from a tablecloth?
It's always easiest to remove candle wax from a tablecloth or table runner after it has hardened. Follow these few simple steps to remove wax from your favourite table covering:
- Gently scrape away the excess hardened wax with a butter knife.
- Apply heat to remove any additional wax. The best way to do this is by using an iron. Sandwich some brown paper or paper towel on the top and bottom of the wax stain, and iron over the affected area. The paper will absorb the wax as it melts.
- If the wax stain is no longer visible, a regular wash following your tablecloth's care label will do the trick. If required, use stain removers appropriate to the fabric type.
Find the Right Tablecloths and Table Covers at Spotlight
At Spotlight it's simple to dress your table in style with our selection of table linen and accessories. Whether you need a white tablecloth for any occasion, or a gingham tablecloth for a touch of classic charm, you can find the complete range in-store and online. Remember to sign up as a VIP member for access to great benefits and discounts, be sure to check out our handy table linen buying guide for everything you need to know about tablecloths, table runners and placemats! Get more inspiration on creating a beautiful table with our article on everyday tablescaping ideas.