|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
METALLICS BAUBLES QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Fabrics are from 'Xmas Metallics' range
- 20cm Fabric A - Pine Trees, Navy/Silver
- 20cm Fabric B - Holly, Nat/Gold
- 20cm Fabric C - Poinsettia, Seeded Gold
- 20cm Fabric D - Xmas Trees, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric E- Mini Holly, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric F - Stag, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric G - Starburst, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric H- Mini Poinsettia, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric I - Pine Trees, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric J - Merry Xmas Words, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric K - Poinsettia, Red/Gold
- 20cm Fabric L - Xmas Trees, Green/Gold
- 20cm Fabric M - Stars, Green/Gold
- 20cm Fabric N - Mini Poinsettia, Green/Gold
- 20cm Fabric O - Pine Trees, Green/Gold
- 20cm Fabric P - Holly, Green/Gold
- 20cm Fabric Q - Large Sprigs, Grfeen/Gold
- 20cm Fabric R - Mini Holly, Green/Gold
- 40cm Fabric S - Stars, Red/Gold for binding
- 2m Prima Homespun, White
- 2m Stars, Nat/Gold for Backing fabric or colour of choice
- 2m x 250cm Cotton/bamboo batting
- Legacy Fuse-Under Fusible Web
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Matching metallic thread for stitching baubles
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with ¼" foot & walking foot
- 6¼"circle template
All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed.
¼" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the quilt.
Step 1 - All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated. From each Fabrics A to R cut 1 x 7" strip.
Step 2 - Crosscut strips as follows - Fabric A into 3 x 7" squares, each of Fabrics B, C, F, N & Q into 2 x 7" squares, each of Fabrics D, E, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P & R into 1 x 7" square for a total of 25 x 7" squares.
Step 3 - From Prima Homespun cut 5 x 8½" strips crosscut into 25 x 8½" squares.
Step 4 - From Fabric S cut 6 x 2½" strips for binding.
Step 5 - Using the 6¼" circle template trace 25 circles onto the paper side of the Legacy Fuse-Under Fusible Web. Cut out the circles leaving a ¾" border around the edge of each. Cut 25 rectangles 2½" x 1½" from fusible web.
Step 6 - Fuse one circle to the wrong side of each 7" square. Allow to cool then cut out each circle along the line. Remove the paper backing from the circles.
Step 7 - Fuse the 25 rectangles of fusible web to the wrong side of assorted Xmas Metallics and cut out. Remove the paper backing from the rectangles.
Step 8 - Centre a circle on an 8½" Prima square then tuck a 2½" x 1½" rectangle under the top edge of the circle. When happy with placement fuse circle and rectangle in place.
Step 9 - Repeat step eight to create 25 bauble squares.
Step 10 - Using metallic thread straight stitch around the edge of baubles and caps.
Step 11 - Lay out the blocks in 5 rows with 5 blocks in each row. Sew blocks together in rows, matching seams and pressing seams in one direction alternating the direction in each row.
Step 12 - Sew the rows together matching seams. Press seams in one direction.
Step 13 - Layer the backing, batting and quilt top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 14 - Join the 6 x 2½" binding strips together on the bias to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your quilt.