|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
CAT NOVELTY QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 560cm Turquoise Prima
- 90cm Pink Prima
- 1.2m Printed Quilting fabric (we used Kittys Retreat, Cream)
- 40cm White Prima
- 2m Yellow Prima
- 140x1140cm Wadding
- Basting Spray
- White thread
Step 1 - To create your patchwork you will need to cut:
- Seven Pink squares 30x30cm
- Six Turquoise squares 30x30cm
- Twelve Cat Print squares 30x30cm
- Eight White strips 81x4cm
- Four Yellow 15cm x 2m
Step 2 - Using a 1cm allowance, sew your squares into five strips of five to create a checker board pattern, alternating your pink and turquoise squares.
- ROW1 - PNK, CAT, TURQ, CAT, PNK
- ROW2 - CAT, PNK, CAT, TURQ, CAT
- ROW3 - TURQ, CAT, PNK, CAT, TURQ
- ROW4 - CAT, TURQ, CAT, PNK, CAT
- ROW5 - PNK, CAT, TURQ, CAT, PNK
Step 3 - Sew your five strips together and press.
Step 4 - Sew your eight white strips into pairs to create four 4x80cm strips.
Step 5 - Sew a white strip to opposite sides of your patchwork and trim away the excess, then sew on the two remaining white strips to the remaining sides of your patchwork to neatly frame the checker board squares.
Step 6 - Repeat step 5 but with your yellow strips.
Step 7 -To create the backing you will need to cut:
- One large Cat Print square 110x110cm
- Four Cat Print squares 30x30cm
- Four Yellow strips 30x110cm
Step 8 - Sew two of your yellow strips to opposite sides of your Cat print square.
Step 9 - Sew your cat 30x30cm squares to the ends of your two remaining yellow strips and attach these to the other edges of your large Cat print square. Press once finished.
Step 10 - Your backing will be slightly smaller than your patchwork. This is intentional so your large yellow patchwork border can fold over the backing for a neat finish.
Step 11 - Lay out your wadding, baste and pin your patchwork and backing to either side. Quilt all three layers together in a diagonal cross pattern through your prima squares.
Step 12 - To finish, fold your excess patchwork border over the backing, pin and sew for a neat finish. Fold your corners in at 45 degrees and sew. Press once completed.