FELT BUNNY MASK
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 20cm x 30cm piece of white felt
- 20cm x 25cm piece of grey marle felt
- 10cm x 15cm piece of pale pink felt
- 1m of Silver metallic Ric Rac trim
- 40-50*cm of 6mm wide soft braided elastic
- Medium to heavy iron on interfacing
- Scissors, pins, pencil
- Sewing machine with matching threads
- Optional for no sew option: Craft glue or hot glue gun
*depends on the size of the child's head
Step 1.Using templates provided, cut:
- 1x body of mask from white & grey felt and interfacing
- 1x mask overlay from white felt
- 2x inner ears from pink felt
- 1x nose from pink felt
Step 2.Pin pink inner ears to the front of the grey felt body of the mask. Top stitch in place. Sew silver ric rac trim over the top stitching.
Step 3.Pin and sew one end of the elastic to the back of the outer edge of grey body in line with the eye cut outs. Hold mask around head and measure elastic around head to a comfortable fit, pin and sew in place to the other side of the back of the grey body.
Step 4.Fuse interfacing to one side of the white felt body of mask.
Step 5.With elastic free from the felt, pin the white and grey bodies together with the wrong facing. Top stitch together around all outer edges and eye cutouts keeping sure the elastic is free from stitching.
Step 6.Pin nose cutout to the front of the white mask overlay and topstitch in place.
Step 7.Cut two 7cm and four 6cm lengths from silver ric rac trim. Pin lengths of trim to mask overlay for whiskers with the 7cm length at the top with two 6cm lengths below. Sew ends to mask overlay near the nose.
Note:Pin mask overlay over the grey side of the mask body aligning eye cutouts. Top stitch around all outer edges of overlay to secure to mask body and around the eye cutouts.