Discover teapots in a range of colours, materials & capacities at Spotlight. Shop online today & elevate your favourite cuppa into something truly special!
3 items found.
Brew the Perfect Cup of Tea With the Right Teapot From Spotlight
Nothing beats a perfectly brewed cup of tea for its soothing, refreshing and restorative powers. The right teapot can elevate your tea break, high tea or evening relaxation routine into something truly special. No matter whether you favour herbal tisanes or a classic English Breakfast tea, at Spotlight you can find quality teapots in a range of colours, shapes and designs to suit your kitchen and dining spaces. Discover ceramic teapots, glass teapots and more in a variety of capacities
How To Choose The Perfect Teapot?
When it comes to selecting the right teapot for you or the household, the first thing you're likely to consider is the capacity of the teapot. If your family are big tea drinkers, it's probably a good idea to get a teapot that will brew a few cups at a time so no one misses out. On the other hand, if you're the only tea drinker in the house a smaller teapot or "tea for one" cup and teapot combo is the perfect choice. Then it's just a matter of choosing a style and colour that you like - do you want a glass teapot to show off your tea as it brews, or a more traditional style that will coordinate with your decor? Make sure you also consider the care instructions for your teapot as well. If you brew lots of cups throughout the day it's probably a good idea to get a teapot that's dishwasher safe and does not require any special care or delicate treatment.
How to use a teapot
There are a few simple steps to brewing a delicious cup of tea every time:
- Bring your kettle to the boil, or to the specified temperature for your chosen leaf tea. If your kettle doesn't have different heat settings, allow the water to reduce in temperature for a few minutes if the tea is not meant to be steeped in boiling water.
- Measure out your tea leaves into the stainless steel infuser, and place them into the teapot. Pour over the heated water. If you don't have a teapot with an infuser, you can add the tea leaves directly into the pot.
- Allow the tea to brew for recommended time or to your desired strength. If you are using the included infuser, you can remove it at this point to prevent the tea from getting too strong or bitter.
- Pour and serve with your favourite tea additions like milk, sugar, honey or lemon.
Pro Tip: Preheating your teapot for a few minutes before brewing your tea will draw out maximum flavour from your tea leaves. Many teapot materials are very heat absorbent, so a vessel already warmed through with boiling water ensures that no heat is lost to the teapot. The boiling water then poured over the leaves will create a deep infusion for the best flavour.
How to clean a teapot
If your teapot is dishwasher safe, then simply make sure you're rinsing it in between uses to prevent stains from building up, and wash on a regular basis using the appropriate dishwasher setting. For more delicate teapot materials, hand wash with warm water and dish soap, and use a narrow kitchen cleaning brush to clean the spout. If you have any stubborn stains inside your teapot, use a combination of bicarbonate soda and vinegar as a great natural way to remove this build-up.
How many cups of tea will my teapot make?
If you favour a generously sized mug for enjoying your tea, opt for a larger capacity teapot of 750mL or more. This will brew enough tea for 2 to 3 mugs, which typically hold between 240mL to 350mL or more. Traditional teacups, on the other hand, have a smaller capacity of around 120mL - in which case a 750mL teapot will yield 5 to 6 tea cups' worth.
What Else Can I Find At Spotlight To Make My Favourite Cuppa?
No tea or coffee break would be complete without the perfect drinking vessel for your favourite brew! At Spotlight, you can also discover:
- Cup & Saucer Sets: Add a stylish touch to tea or coffee time with an elegantly matching cup and saucer.
- Mugs: Enjoy a generously sized brew with Spotlight's wide range of mugs. Discover your new favourite from our wonderful selection of designs, motifs, and colours!
- Canisters: Keep your tea bags, tea leaves, coffee beans and sugar fresh with Spotlight's canister selection - and they're also a great way to add a decorative touch to your kitchen benchtops.
- Coffee Cups & Plungers: If tea is not your preferred brew, explore our range of coffee plungers and espresso makers so you can create the perfect caffeinated beverage every time.
Find the Perfect Servingware & Drinkware for Any Occasion at Spotlight
No matter the occasion or your preferred decorating style, Spotlight has drinkware and servingware to create elevated table settings for parties, casual gatherings and family dinners alike. Shop the complete range of servingware online and choose the convenience of home delivery, or opt to shop in-store where our friendly staff can help you find everything you need to create the ultimate dining settings. We also have a great range of inspiring articles with information on how to host a high tea party, buying the best drinkware, and table setting ideas for everyday tablescapes. Don't forget to sign up as a VIP either for access to exclusive membership benefits and prices!