|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Shop ready made curtains including sheer, eyelet, pencil, pleat, blockout & more! Shop our ready to hang curtains or order custom curtains at Spotlight!
300 items found.
How to choose a curtain type
While curtains are often something we take for granted in a home, choosing a new kind can cause your head to spin! Here are some of our most popular curtain types and where they are best suited:
- Eyelet Curtains - named because of the metal-rimmed, circular holes at the top, these modern eyelet curtains run smoothly along a rack and come in a wide range of colours. They are commonly used in busy areas of the house like the dining and living rooms.
- Concealed Tab Top Curtains - for those of you wanting to hide your curtain rod, these are the curtain type for you! Tab top curtains are commonly made with blackout material, and so are great for rooms where you need effective light control like bedrooms.
- Pleated Curtains - rather than a sheet of straight fabric, pencil pleat curtains or pinch pleat curtains create an elegant sense of texture and drama in a room. Great for use in formal areas, like a sitting or dining room.
- Rod Pocket Curtains - this stylish curtain style features a casing on the back that allows the curtain rod to slip through, unseen from the front. The material on a rod pocket curtain bunches in a classy way and so is suited for use with lightweight fabrics.
- S Fold Curtains - curving along the length of a rod, S fold curtains create a sense of luxury and are best made with thinner materials, as thicker ones will not sit in the S shape properly. They are primarily suited for larger rooms, as they take up quite a bit of space and will not work in a cramped area.
How to choose a curtain fabric
What you make your curtains out of is just as important as the style, but it leans more towards function rather than form. Here are some examples of the most popular curtain fabrics:
- Sheer Curtains - the see-through material of sheer curtains allows for filtered light to enter a room while also preventing people from seeing inside your home during the day. Combine with blinds, drapes or curtains for maximum privacy at night.
- Thermal Curtains - a handy way to control the temperature without using electricity, thermal curtains can help stabilise the temperature in your home. They have a special lining that will improve insulation, allowing for cooler homes in summer and warmer ones in winter!
- Blackout Curtains - also known as blockout curtains, these are ideal for keeping out sunlight (and the odd badly-placed streetlamp), and so are great as bedroom curtains or inside home cinemas. Blockout curtains can be bought as is, or you can add blackout material as a liner to a different type of curtain.
What Else Can I Find in the Range at Spotlight?
- Curtain Poles and Tracks: elevate your curtains with a high-quality and stylish pole or track for them to run on. You can also choose from a variety of hooks, brackets and ends to accessorise your curtain pole.
- Curtain Accessories, Tie Backs & Holdbacks: it's the little things that count, and we have heaps of handy accessories for your curtains, including hooks, tiebacks, tape, stretch wire and more.
- Custom Made Curtains: did you know you can have the curtains of your dreams made for you at Spotlight? Our custom curtains service includes a free in-home measure and quote, and you can design them to fit all of your window or door needs.
Find the Right Curtains at Spotlight
They say windows are the soul of your home - that means the curtains are the eyebrows! Frame your windows and doors with style by shopping our entire range of curtains online, or visit us in-store today.