Lay-By At Spotlight
Yes, lay-by is available in all Spotlight Stores.
Lay-by is not currently available to customers who purchase goods online.
Once you have chosen the goods you wish to lay-by, you can take them to any register where our team members will assist you to complete a Lay-by agreement. At this stage you will be provided with the lay-by terms and conditions and your items will be packed and stored safely in our lay-by holding area.
Yes, items on promotion can be placed on lay-by at the promotional price.
No, Made to Measure items cannot be placed on lay-by. However, progressive payments can be made on Made to Measure goods. See Made to Measure terms and conditions.
Lay-by payments can be made in person at a Spotlight store. You can only make payments in the store where the lay-by was commenced. Final payment is to be made in person in the store the lay-by was commenced where your goods will be made available to you.
Over the phone lay-by payments with a credit card are only available for the following transactions:
- Balloon orders
- Regional customer’s lay-by payments
- Made 2 Measure payments
- Regional customer’s product purchases
The maximum amount for a phone lay-by payment or sale must not exceed $200.
- An initial deposit of 20% is required.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no more than 14 days must elapse between instalment payments.
- Non-payment of any instalment is considered a breach of the agreement and Spotlight may cancel the lay-by agreement after providing 14 days written notice to your last known address.
- It is your responsibility to notify Spotlight of any change of address or contact details.
- Lay-bys must be finalised within 13 weeks of the date of the agreement.
- A lay-by cancelled by the customer will incur a fee.
- If the lay-by sale is cancelled, a refund of the deposit and all payment instalments will be made minus the cancellation fee.
- The goods must be paid for in full before they will be made available for collection.
- Ownership of the goods will not pass to you until the purchase price has been paid in full and the terms and conditions of the lay-by agreement fulfilled.