Returns & Exchanges
Spotlight Returns Policy
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Malaysian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Spotlight will offer you an exchange or refund provided that:
- You return the item within 28 days of purchase
- You produce your original Spotlight register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item
- The item must not have been used or damaged in any way including that
- It is in it's original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in it's original condition
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
If these requirements are not satisfied Spotlight reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind returns.
Goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Spotlight will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Cut lengths of fabric, lace or ribbon
- Clearance items
- Bridal fabric
- Sewing Machines & Overlockers
- Crafting Machines
Spotlight will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description
- You can present your Spotlight register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase.
Spotlight may elect to return the product to the manufacturer's repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Spotlight reserves the right not to offer an exchange, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase should be addressed to our Customer Service team at the address below and need to be accompanied with supporting evidence.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Malaysian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Spotlight reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
- Your original Spotlight register receipt or online tax invoice are the best form of proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
- Gift and e-Gift cards are not redeemable for cash
How to return a product ordered on Spotlight Online
Products ordered online with Spotlight can be returned to our stores. You will need your online tax invoice (email receipt) as information on this is needed as proof of purchase. For change of mind return/exchange, delivery fee is non-refundable.
Please note, we will only charge the total amount in your cart. Your bank may apply fees or exchange rates on your transaction. Please check with your bank, prior to making a purchase, to understand any extra costs.
Refunds will be provided by us for the amount that we have charged you. Your bank may apply fees or exchange rates to your refund.