HALLOWEEN GLITTER SKULL
What you'll need:
- Paper Mache skull
- 59ml Decoart Crafters Acrylic Paint White
- 59ml Decoart Crafters Acrylic Paint Black
- 59ml Decoart Americana Baby Pink (or base colour of your choice)
- 59ml Decoart Galaxy Glitter Pink Cosmos (or Galaxy Glitter colour of your choice that co-ordinates with chosen base colour)
- Paint brushes, including a fine tip for details and a 25mm wide brush to cover large areas
- Drop sheet to protect work surface
- Container for water to wash brushes
- Apron or smock to protect clothing
- A paint palette
Step 1- Protect the work area, covering with a drop cloth. Fill brush cleaning container with water and set out your paint bottles, palette, brushes and the Paper Mache Skull
Step 2- Add some white paint to the palette and using a wide brush (approximately 25mm) paint the entire skull white. Allow to dry (1-2 hours).
Step 3- Add some pink (base colour) paint to the palette and paint the entire skull pink, excluding the teeth. Leave the teeth white. Allow to dry (1 - 2 hours).
Step 4- Add some black paint to the palette and use a fine detail brush to add the teeth details and paint the nose and eye sockets black. Allow to dry (approx. 1 - 2 hours). Apply a second coat to the eye sockets and nose and allow to dry.
Step 5- Add some galaxy glitter paint to the palette and using the 25mm brush coat the pink area of the skull with glitter paint. Note: this is a clear paint containing glitter. It will not cover the entire surface with glitter. The idea is to let some of the pink, or base colour, paint applied in step 3, to show through. Do not paint over the black areas or the teeth. Allow to dry (approx. 1-2 hours). Apply a second coat and allow to dry.
Tip: Clean the palette and brushes between coats so they are ready for the next coat and new paint colour.