If you are wanting to put the final touches on your current project then our large range of trims are perfect for you. At Spotlight we have a large range of trims in different colours and fabrics for pillows, blankets and clothing! Spotlight offers original trims at an affordable price!
1471 items found.
Can I purchase trims from Spotlight?
Yes, you can. You are sure to discover the perfect finishing touch to your creation in our tremendous trims selection at Spotlight. Refresh and revitalise your soft furnishings, add beautiful binding to blankets, get creative with embellishments and add trim to your dressmaking project. We have hundreds of trims to choose from in this comprehensive collection. Plus, with our guaranteed low prices on all of our trims, shop trims for less and stock up now and be prepared for the next time inspiration strikes.
What can I do with these trims?
Well, that is up to you! There is simply so much that you can do with our extensive selection of trims, and the only limit is your imagination. Add to your dressmaking projects, bind blankets, or just stick trims to your home decor projects. From ribbon to ruffles, braid to chain, lace and more, we have all of the trims that you could possibly need to finish your crafty creation. If you are not quite sure what to do with your furnishing trim, there is a wealth of inspiration available online. Whether you are crafting or upcycling old furniture, we have all the trims you need, at a price you will love, at Spotlight.
Do you have any tips for sewing trims to fabric?
If you are new to the world of sewing, and you are not quite sure the best way to sew on your trim, there are a few things that can be taken into consideration.
- Find the perfect finishing touch amongst our fabulous feast of trims, with lace, ribbons, pearls, twill, chain and more.
- Select your trim carefully, choose one that will complement the overall design of your finished piece and opt for materials that will work together,
- Some trims may require washing before you attach them, however, this will depend on the material. For example, natural fabrics may shrink in the wash, and result in puckering.
- Gently press your trims before you apply them, with your iron on a low setting. For more gentle or delicate fabric, opt for the steam press option or cover with a towel before pressing.
- It is important to ensure that you do not stretch your trim as you apply it, as this could become unsightly after sewing.
- If you are using a sewing machine to attach your trim, we recommend hand sewing it first before you use your machine. This technique is called basting, and it will help to ensure that your trim stays in place.
- Finally, consider the end of your trims and their finish. For example, some trims, such as braid or lace, may unravel if the ends are left raw. A small amount of hot glue or an anti-ravel product will help to prevent this.
Can I glue trims to fabric?
Well, that does depend on what fabric you are using, as well as the trim itself. However, there are several adhesive options if you would prefer to glue your trim. Fabric glues are an excellent option if you are gluing trims onto a new fabric, ensuring that the final piece is washable. Just apply craft glue to the underside of the trim, place it onto the fabric, then hold it in place with pins until the glue has completely dried. With some of our trims, you could also use fusible tape, using an iron to adhere to the trim to the fabric. Alternatively, if you are adding trims to an item that is purely decorative, and will not need to be washed, use a hot glue gun to adhere it.