Candles & Candle Holders
Set the mood with scented candles, candle jars, tealight candles & stylish candle holders from Spotlight. Shop the range in-store or online today!
190 items found.
Elevate Your Home's Atmosphere With Candles & Candle Holders
The soothing glow of candlelight is a wonderful way to set the mood at just about any occasion. Whether you're holding a formal candlelit dinner party, enjoying a romantic night in or simply having a relaxing soak in the bathtub, candles and candleholders are perfect for establishing a warm and soothing atmosphere. At Spotlight we have a fabulous selection of home decor candles and candle holders to fragrance your home and elevate your home decor.
What Kinds Of Candles & Candle Holders Can I Discover At Spotlight?
At Spotlight, you can find scented candles for a little bit of aromatherapy, or un-fragranced options that are ideally suited to dinner parties. Here are some of the options you can find in our extensive range:
- Candle Jars: With the candle itself already contained in a decorative glass jar, candle jars are a great all-in-one option for any candle lover. A fabulous bonus is that the jar can be reused for tea lights or votives once it's finished!
- Tealight Candles: These tiny candles are great for creating instant atmosphere at your dinner table, garden party or even in the bathroom while enjoying a relaxing bath.
- Pillar Candles: Bold in shape and size, these candles offer long-lasting burn times and add a dramatic touch to your home interior.
- Tapered Candles: Tall and narrow, this classic shape is associated with candlelit dinner settings and romantic nights in.
- Candle Holders: Discover plates and vessels to safely contain any shape of candle, while also adding a stylish and decorative touch to your candlelit settings. Our holders are made from a range of materials including glass, ceramic and timber to coordinate with any home decor theme.
Candles & Candle Holders FAQ
How to get candle wax off carpet
Don't let a spilled candle ruin your evening! Here are a few great tips and tricks for removing candle wax from carpet (which can also be applied to table linen such as tablecloths, table runners and placemats).
- Freeze the wax. If the spill is fresh and still liquid, place an ice pack over the affected area of the carpet.
- Once the wax is solid, gently lift it away and out of the carpet fibres with a butter knife.
- If there is any residue, blot it up as best you can with some paper towel or a cotton cloth.
- Any remaining wax can be gently removed using a warm iron and some paper towel or paper bag. Make sure the iron isn't too hot - you want to melt the wax, not your carpet! Test the iron's temperature on an inconspicuous area of carpet, then place your blotting material between the iron and the stain. As the wax melts it will soak into the paper. Keep the paper moving until all the wax has been absorbed.
- If required, use a suitable carpet cleaner to eliminate the last traces of wax and grease.
How to clean a candle jar
Knowing how to clean out your finished candle jar is a great way to upcycle. You can reuse the jar to contain other candles like tealights, or even use it as a cute little vase. Follow these simple steps to remove wax remnants from your candle jar:
- Boil some water in a kettle or saucepan, and then carefully pour the water to fill the candle jar halfway. We recommend placing the jar in the sink to minimise any dangerous spills.
- Let the hot water do its trick and melt the wax. The melted wax will float on top of the water and harden for easy removal.
- Lift the wax out and wash the jar using dish detergent and a cloth.
How to burn a candle evenly
Making sure your candle burns evenly ensures it looks more aesthetically pleasing and helps maximise the total burn time of the candle. Particularly important for pillar candles and candle jars, the trick is to "set" the burn pattern with the first use. Light the wick and allow the wax to melt to the edge of the candle. This will make sure that the next time you light it, the candle will "remember" to burn outwards rather than straight down.
Remember, Safety First! Never leave burning candles unattended. Always use an appropriate holder and place it on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything flammable. Keep wick(s) trimmed to the length stated on the label and ensure the wick stays centred. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material.
Set The Mood With Candles & Home Decorating Ideas With Spotlight
Candles and candle holders are just one of many great home decor additions available from Spotlight. You can also discover gorgeous home decorating ideas including ornament and vases to add a personal touch to any space, as well as photo frames, rugs, mats & accessories, floristry & greenery and more! At Spotlight, you can shop in-store or online, and find inspiration for your home with our informative Decorate articles as well!