Need some indoor blinds that match your interior? Explore the large range of indoor blinds at Spotlight for some great ideas. At Spotlight you can find great roman blinds, timber Venetian blinds, panel blinds and more! Pick your favourite today and see how your interior comes to life! Looking for something more bespoke? Check out our custom made curtains, blinds and shutters for your free in-home measure and quote today!
19 items found.
Can I purchase indoor blinds at Spotlight?
Spotlight offers a large range of different indoor blinds for all areas of your home. Our range of blinds offer an alternative to traditional curtains and can be used in both modern and classic interiors. At Spotlight, we stock a range of different blinds including venetian blinds, roller blinds, roman blinds, vertical blinds and roll up blinds. All are available in a range of colours, sizes, and designs to suit most windows.
At Spotlight we offer a range of indoor blinds to suit your home, ranging from sheer blinds that filter the light and offer some privacy, to complete block out blinds that can darken a room and assist you with temperature control.
What is the difference between the various types of indoor blind?
Indoor blinds will differ in material, construction, method of operation and more, so here are some of the most important characteristics.
- Venetian blinds are made up of several long horizontal slats of various types of hard material, including wood, plastic or metal, which are held together by cords that run through the blind slats. Venetian blinds can be rotated to change the amount of light that is being let in by adjusting a lift cord or stick fixed to the side of the blind.
- Vertical blinds are made up of several long vertical slats of a hard material such as wood, plastic, or stiffened fabric, fixed at the top and often held together with small chains at the bottom. Like Venetian blinds, angling the slats will change the amount of light coming in.
- Roller blinds are shades, most often made of (treated) fabric, which are rolled up or down by means of a pulley on the side, to block the light from a window. Unlike slatted blinds, they need to be up to allow light into the room, unless you have chosen a sheer roller blind.
- Roman blinds are decorative shades, made from fabric, which can be lowered in sections to block all or some of the window space. They are not suitable for use in kitchens or bathrooms as they are not resistant to moisture.
- Roll up blinds are made along similar lines to roller blinds but with the cords often running visibly in front of the blind, and are mostly made from materials such as bamboo or very thin (faux) wood.
Which indoor blinds do you recommend?
Choosing the right indoor blinds for your home will depend on many things such as the type of room you are wanting to install them, your interior design, whether you want to block out light, heat, or cold, and your budget. Indoor blinds can be used by themselves or together with curtains if you are wanting additional window protection. Using blinds especially our range of thermal blinds can help darken your bedroom as well as regulate your room temperature, making your home more energy efficient and possibly protecting your furnishings from sunlight damage and fading.
How do I measure for the right size indoor blind?
Depending where you are hanging your blinds will depend on where you need to measure. Some blinds hang in front of your window, and some inside the window opening. At Spotlight, we sell blinds in a number of sizes (width and length) to suit most types of windows. Some blinds such as our range of roller blinds can be cut to fit your exact window. Always fit blinds as per the instructions, or use a professional installer, as blind cords can be hazardous to young children and can cause strangulation if incorrectly fitted.