CARON PANTONE CROCHET STRIPE SCARF
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 'Caron X Pantone' 100g braids: Version 1 or Version 2 - Morning Blues colour 01016 x 1 braid, Olive Oil 01007 x 1 braid, Frozen Berry 01022 x 1 braid
- 5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain correct tension
- Stitch marker
VERSION 1 COLOUR SEQUENCE
- Colour 1 - 19-4340, 18-2929, 19-4044, 19-4024, 19-4026, 17-4540, 19-0516
- Colour 2 - 14-1210, 16-0906, 14-4809, 16-0737, 17-5034, 13-4103
VERSION 2 COLOUR SEQUENCE
- Colour 1 - 19-0516, 16-0906, 14-1210, 14-4809, 17-4540, 19-4026, 19-4024
- Colour 2 - 16-0737, 13-0000, 13-4103, 17-5034, 19-4340, 19-4044, 18-2929
Finished Size (approx.): 19 x 176cm
11 sts x 8 rows over 10cm in pattern.
Approx = Approximate(ly), Ch = Chain(s)
Tr = Treble, Pat = Pattern, Rem = Remain(ing), Rep = Repeat, RS = Right side, Sl st = Slip stitch, St(s) = Stitch(es), Tog = Together, Yoh = Yarn over hook
Notes - Before working with 'Caron� x Pantone�' multishade yarn braid, separate each color link and wind into 5 separate balls for each braid. Each color link will be referenced by its Pantone� number (see label). Due to finite amount of yarn in each shade, pattern gauge must be matched to ensure successful results. To join new color, work to last loops on hook of first color. Yoh with new color, draw through loops and proceed with new color.
With Color 1 (beg at left, as indicated in Materials section), ch 21. 1st row (RS) - 1 tr in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 tr). 1 tr in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 19 sts. 2nd row - Ch 1. Sl st in first tr. 1 tr in next tr. Sl st in next tr.
Rep from to end of row. Turn. Join Color 2 (shown in right column of Table).
3rd row - With Color 2, ch 3 (counts as tr). 1 tr in each st to end of row. Turn.
4th row - As 2nd row.
5th to 16th rows - Rep last 4 rows 3 times more. These 16 rows establish pat. Rep these 16 rows using next pair of Color 1 and Color 2 as shown on Table, reading Table from top to bottom. Rep from to 5 times more. (112 rows total) Fasten off.
Fringe - Using rem color link, cut strands of yarn 40.5 cm long. Taking 3 strands tog, fold in half and knot into fringe across ends of Scarf. Trim fringe evenly.