WHAT YOU'LL NEEDFabrics are from Organic Forest range
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hobby fill
- 1m sew in Easy Trace interfacing
- Wooden chopstick
1. To create patterns for your cushions draw cloud shapes in different sizes and shapes onto the Easy Trace interfacing, making sure each has a relatively flat bottom - make 1 pattern for each cushion & cut out.
2. Pin one pattern onto right side of selected fabric for front of cushion and cut out. Remove the pattern and pin onto the wrong side of selected fabric for back of cushion, cut out and remove the pattern.
3. Pin the two pieces with right sides facing and using 1.5cm seam allowance sew together around the edge leaving a 5-10cm opening in the bottom (5cm for small cloud, 10cm for large cloud). Trim seams and clip curves.
4. Turn right side out and smooth out seams around curves from the inside using a wooden chopstick.
5. Stuff with hobby fill so cushion is quite firm. To do this, gently separate the fibres and insert in small handfuls, starting with the outside curves of the cloud and working toward the centre. Smooth each added amount of filling by compressing with your hands from the outside. Carefully work filling into tight corners and remember lots of fluffy layers will give a smooth result. When finished stitch opening closed. Repeat steps 2 -6 to make as many cushions in as many shapes and sizes as desired.