LIQUITEX ACRYLIC TRANSFERS
WHAT YOU"LL NEED
Use any of the following Liquitex Mediums:
- Gloss Medium & Varnish
- Gloss Gel
- Heavy Gel.
- Acrylic transfers allow you to essentially grab the ink layer of a copied or printed material and embed it into the acrylic film. Incorporate extraordinary photographs or newspaper clippings into your painting or collage without sacrificing the original. Non-stick surface using tape or a few brush strokes of Gloss Medium & Varnish. This will prevent any buckling of the image.
- Apply a thin, even coat of any Liquitex Gloss Gel or Gloss Medium & Varnish (approximately 1/8" thick), completely covering the entire surface of the image.
- Allow to dry until the medium is fully transparent. Detach the image from the surface and immerse in water for about 10 minutes until the paper is saturated.
- Soft sponge. Set the transfer aside to dry. (The acrylic medium may become cloudy when wet, but will dry clear.)
- When the medium is dry to the touch, the transfer can be permanently attached to any support using Gloss Medium & Varnish or any Liquitex Gel Medium.
An unlimited number of creative applications exist, in addition transfers onto clothing (such as hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and shoes), decorate household or craft items (ceramic tiles, furniture, lampshades, cups, boxes, pillows, quilts), or even apply to mirrors, windows, or framed glass for stained glass effects.