CHERRY RIBBON FLOWER HEADBAND
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2.5m x 25mm Cherry grosgrain ribbon - black
- 1.2m x 25mm Cherry St Malo stripe B ribbon - black
- Kit fascinator base with headband 90mm - black
- Button with shank
- Hand needle & black thread
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Cut 6 x 30cm lengths and 2 x 22cm lengths from the black grosgrain ribbon.
2. Cut 2 x 30cm lengths and 2 x 22cm lengths from the black St Malo stripe B ribbon.
3. Take one length of ribbon, fold the ends to the back and overlap 1cm in the centre. Sew with a few stitches through the centre of both ends to the front to secure. Repeat for all cut lengths of ribbon.
4. Stack 4 large black grosgrain loops (see diagram) and stitch through the centre of the stack to secure together. Add the two large St Malo stripe loops and the two remaining large grosgrain loops to the stack and stitch as before.
5. Finally add one small grosgrain loop, then two small St Malo stripe loops and the last small grosgrain loop. Stitch through the stack to secure.
6. Carefully cut the shank from the back of the button. Glue the button to the top of the ribbon flower then glue the ribbon flower to the fascinator base. Finally glue the fascinator base to one side of the headband.