LION BRAND LANDSCAPES CASCO BAY COWL
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 'Lion Brand' Landscapes 100g :-
- 1 ball 1st Colour (C1) Wildflowers
- 1 ball 2nd Colour (C2) Rainforest
- 1 ball 3rd Colour (C3) Volcano.
- A 6.50mm crochet hook, or size required to give correct tension.
- Scissors, yarn needle, tape measure.
Circumference (approx) cm: 168
Depth (approx) cm: 26
12 sts and 8 rows to 10cm over patt, using a 6.50mm hook, or size required to give correct tension.
1. Cowl is made in one piece with 3 colours of yarn.
2. To change yarn colour, work last st of old colour to last yoh. Yoh with new colour and draw through all loops on hook to complete the st. Fasten off old colour and proceed with new colour.
3. For those who find a visual helpful, we've included a stitch diagram
Using 6.50mm hook and C1, make 28ch.
1st row (RS) - 1dc in 2nd ch from hook, * 1ch, sk next ch, 1dc in next ch, rep from * to end, turn ... you will have 14dc and 13 x 1ch sp's.
2nd row - 3ch (counts as 1tr), * 2tr in 1ch sp, sk next dc, rep from * to last st, 1tr in last st, turn ... 28tr.
3rd row - 1ch, 1dc in sp between 1st and 2nd tr, * 1ch, sk next 2tr, 1dc in sp between next 2tr, rep from * to end, working last dc in sp between last 2 sts, turn ... 14dc and 13 x 1ch sp's. Rep 2nd and 3rd rows until there is not enough C1 rem to work another row. Change to C2 in last st of last C1 row (see note above). Using C2, cont to rep 2nd and 3rd rows until there is not enough C2 rem to work another row. Change to C3 in last st of last C2 row. Using C3, cont to rep 2nd and 3rd rows until almost all of C3 has been used, ending with a 2nd row. Fasten off, leaving a long end for sewing seam.
DO NOT PRESS. Using long end left at end of last row and a flat seam, join first and last rows tog to form a ring.