LION BRAND JEANS EVERYDAY SHRUG
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Lion Brand" Jeans 100g balls:
- 121 Top Stitch x 1 ball (A),
- 110 Classic x 5 balls (B)
- A 5mm circular knitting needle (100cm long) or size required for correct tension.
- Scissors, yarn needle, tape measure
One Size Fits Most
Width (approx. before finishing) cm 94
Length (approx. before finishing) cm 112
19 1/2 sts to 10 cm over stocking st, using 5mm needles
1. Shrug is worked in one piece, then folded and sewn up.
2. Shrug is stretchy and will fit a range of sizes.
3. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth in rows on the circular needle, just as if working on straight needles.
Using 5mm circular needle and A, cast on 183 sts. Purl one row.
Using B,1st row (WS) - K1, * P1, K1, rep from * to end.
2nd row - K2, * P1, K1, rep from * to last st, K1.
Last 2 rows form rib. Cont in rib until work measures 5cm from purl ridge in A, ending with a 1st row on WS.
Using B, work in stocking st until work measures approx 107 cm from beg, ending with a purl row.
Using B and beg with a 2nd row, work in rib (as before) until piece measures 112 cm from beg, ending with a 1st row. Using A, purl one row. Cast off.
DO NOT PRESS. Fold piece in half, matching cast on and cast off edges. Tie a coloured thread 18cm down from fold on each side edge on both sides of fold to mark beg of armholes. Using mattress st, join side edges tog from lower edge of rib to coloured