Home Decor Cushions
Add cosy comfort to your home with decorative cushions, chair pads, cushion covers & throw blankets with Spotlight. Shop the range in-store & online today!
330 items found.
Style Your Home With Plush Cushions & Throws
Decorative-filled cushions, blankets, throws and seat cushions not only look great but add a layer of comfort and warmth to your home. At Spotlight we have all your textile decor needs covered, with soft furnishings that range from fluffy throws to contemporary velvet cushion designs. Whether you're looking for something to cuddle beneath on a quiet night in or want to elevate your home decor with a pop of colour, home decor cushions and throws are an easy and budget-friendly way to give any room an instant makeover.
What Can I Discover In Spotlight's Range Of Home Decor Cushions?
Spotlight's selection of home decor cushions covers all things soft furnishings, and includes outdoor cushions and covers so you can decorate your home inside and out! You can find:
- Filled Cushions: An all-in-one cover and insert, filled cushions are an instant way to add comfort, colour and texture to your home.
- Blankets & Throws: Add a cosy layer to your sofa or bed with throw blankets available in a range of colours and designs.
- Chair Pads: Soft, colourful chair pads are the perfect finishing touch to any dining setting.
- Cushion Covers & Cushion Inserts: Discover stylish covers to refresh your old cushions, or DIY your own cushion with inserts available in a range of different sizes.
Home Decor Cushions FAQ
How to match cushions to a sofa
If you're wondering how many cushions you should have on a couch or how to style cushions on a sofa, Spotlight's home decor cushions buying guide has all your questions answered! You can discover great suggestions for choosing the right colour cushion, playing with texture and size, and factoring in comfort… and just remember, have fun, experiment, and don't be afraid to make your own style statement!
How to wash cushions
To ensure your cushions stay in tip-top condition, it's best to launder your cushion covers and inserts separately. Always check the care labels and follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Some covers can be machine washed, but make sure you remember to close the zip to avoid damage from tangling. Bulky cushion inserts are generally best hand washed in a tub with a quick soak in mild detergent, followed by some gentle wringing.
What size cushion insert do I need for my cover?
As a general rule of thumb, use a cushion insert that is at least 1 cm larger than your cushion cover, and anywhere up to 5 cm bigger. This ensures your filled cushion is plump, voluminous and inviting to use. One of the most common cushion cover sizes is 45 cm x 45 cm, for which you would typically use a 46 cm x 46 cm sized insert.
Which decorative cushions are best for traditional interiors?
Most people think traditional cushions are plain and boring, but this is far from the truth. Traditional cushions can come in a variety of designs, but there are some things to consider for decorative cushions in a traditional interior. Below, you will find the main factors to consider when you buy traditional cushions for the home.
- Colour: The colour of a traditional cushion cannot be too bold, since this would draw the wrong type of attention in a traditional interior. Suitable colours for traditional interiors include warm white, beige, darker reds, browns, and similar colours.
- Design: Traditional colours can be plain or have a pattern. If you are looking for a patterned cushion for a traditional interior, be sure to consider some of the most popular choices - this includes floral patterns, African prints, and Persian prints.
- Shape: Even though the shape is not the most important thing for your traditional cushions, it is recommended to choose the basic rectangular cushion for traditional interiors. It is also recommended to choose cushions with the same design and shape for one room, since different cushions could make the room appear cluttered and out-of-date.
Which decorative cushions are best for contemporary interiors?
Since contemporary is a mix of traditional and modern, customers will find many contemporary cushions they could use in their homes. Of course, there are still some things to consider where colour, design, and shape are concerned.
- Colour: There is no limit to the colours you could use for a contemporary interior. However, bolder colours are usually the better choice for contemporary interiors. Therefore, you could easily choose colours such as bright orange, green, yellow, and even pink to make your contemporary interior a little more enticing.
- Design: When you check out our range of contemporary cushions, you will notice that there are many unique patterns to choose from - this does not only include brightly coloured illustrations on cushions, but also contemporary patterns such as triangles and squares. So, depending on your preferences, you can choose a bold design to match your interior.
- Shape: Like colour and design, there is no real limitation to the shape of decorative cushions for contemporary interiors. You could choose the basic rectangular shape for your decorative cushions, but also other shapes such as oval, circular, and more unusual shapes.
Explore Soft Furnishings & Home Decorating Ideas With Spotlight
Cushions, throws and blankets are perfect for softening your home decor and adding a cosy, inviting touch to any room. At Spotlight, you can also find stylish rugs, mats & accessories for an extra textile decor update, as well as wall art & ornaments for the perfect finishing touches. Discover more inspiration for your home with our informative Decorate articles, and be sure to sign up as a VIP for exclusive membership discounts, offers, events and early sales alerts!