Control light, look & privacy with stylish & practical venetian blinds. Shop wood, faux wood & aluminium venetian blinds on sale at Spotlight.
8 items found.
Find Great Value Venetian Blinds at Spotlight
Among the many different types of blinds - whether indoor or outdoor blinds and shades, roman blinds, vertical blinds and roller blinds - venetian blinds have stood the test of time in terms of their popularity. Venetian blinds have many benefits, they are super versatile and allow you to control the amount of light and privacy in your home. They are also sleek and stylish, creating a luxe modern look that elevates any room. Venetian blinds are low maintenance, easy to install and last for years to come. Browse the range of venetians online at Spotlight and find the right ones for your home.
Discover the Variety of Aluminium, Wood & Faux Wood Venetian Blinds
When it comes to selecting the perfect type of venetian blind for you, there are a few considerations you should bear in mind. Choose from great venetian blinds in a range of styles and materials:
- Faux wood venetian blinds: Created from man-made materials and more synthetic in their appearance, faux wood is best for humid rooms like the kitchen, bathroom or laundry. This is because they don't absorb moisture.
- Wooden venetian blinds: Nothing beats the warmth, luxury and beauty of wood, so wooden venetians are a wonderful choice for bedrooms and living rooms.
- Aluminium venetian blinds: Venetian blinds made from aluminium may be more economical, durable and versatile but they're not very functional when it comes to blocking light or helping regulate temperature in the room. Also, their metal edges could be a safety concern.
- Cellular venetian blinds: Otherwise known as honeycomb blinds, cellular venetians have gained popularity in recent years due to their exceptional design for insulating against cold and heat, noise reduction and privacy. However, some people don't like their look and they're not as easy to clean as other blinds. Additionally, their privacy aspect comes at a cost: not being able to regulate natural light.
- Temporary blinds: Temporary or paper blinds are a cheap and functional solution for those on a tight budget or living somewhere for a short amount of time (e.g. student accommodation). They also look great but they're not going to have the durability to last as long as any other venetian blind.
Venetian Blinds FAQs
How to install venetian blinds?
Installing venetian blinds is simple, follow the steps below:
- Measure your window's height and width accurately.
- Attach the brackets using a drill with an impact driver attachment so the brackets are firmly attached.
- Next, mount the blinds to the brackets while they're still furled up.
- Secure the cord to the window so it stays in one place, use a screwdriver to attach the small cord bracket.
Our comprehensive Venetian Blinds Installation Guide and video below has more information.
How to clean and care for venetian blinds?
Maintaining venetian blinds is relatively simple and you don't necessarily have to wash them. You can easily remove dust from your blinds with a vacuum cleaner. Just make sure you turn the slats in both directions and vacuum either side to ensure they are completely dust-free.
In addition to vacuuming your blinds, you can wipe them with a microfibre cloth. Dry cloths are brilliant for dusting, as they pick up small particles without much trouble. There are also special cleaning gloves to grip the slats and move your hand from the left to the right.
Naturally, vacuum cleaning and dusting can only do so much when cleaning your venetian blinds. If you have a visible stain or greasy mark, you can use some mild cleaning product on a damp cloth. One stain does not mean you have to remove your blinds and soak them in detergent but, if you notice several stains, the bathtub may be the more effective cleaning method.
Find The Right Venetian Blinds At Spotlight
Get the most out of your venetian-blind-buying by browsing our handy online guides. From blinds care and maintenance to measuring your windows, choosing your blinds according to room type, matching blinds to your home decor and installing your blinds, we've got all the advice you need. Once you're ready to purchase, click through our range of venetian blinds or venetian blind accessories online. Alternatively, head into a Spotlight store to see what's available and speak with one of our friendly customer service team who'll be happy to answer your questions.