Bold, rich and vibrant, water-soluble acrylic paint is great for artists of all ages and abilities. Shop artists acrylic paint from leading brands at Spotlight.
33 items found.
Shop Acrylic Paints For Your Artistic Expression
Acrylic paints are the go-to paint medium for many artists because they produce deep, exciting colours, and are versatile enough to be used on almost any surface. Quick-drying and water-soluble for ease of clean-up, acrylic paint is also an affordable way to explore the art of painting as a way of bringing your creative visions to life. Spotlight brings you a huge range of acrylic paints, whether you are a professional, student or beginner find the right acrylic paint for you. We stock high-quality leading brands such as Jo Sonja, Reeves and Liquitex as well as budget friendly brands.
Beautiful Acrylic Painting Ideas For All Experience Levels
When it comes to getting started with acrylic paints, there's no shortage of inspiration and ideas to explore. The boldness and richness of acrylic paint colours means many beginners will dabble with impressions of rainbows and block colour artworks that feature abstract shapes with dark borders for definition.
Landscape paintings in red, green and brown tones that evoke autumnal panoramas, or other variations on the colour spectrum that represent spring renewal and summer heat, are great projects for beginners to build their confidence. While night-time scenes are perfect for experimenting with black, black shades and greys, and refining colour-mixing techniques.
Painting fruits and fruit bowl still-life are also excellent for beginners. Use luminescent yellows for lemons and bananas - brilliant reds for juicy, ripe apples, and succulent orange tones for citrus fruits. Pineapples, kiwifruits, mangoes, cherries and grapes provide ample opportunity to experiment with mixing colours for adding realism to your canvas. We have a huge library of FREE art painting projects to check out.
Acrylic Paint FAQs
What is acrylic paint used for?
Acrylic paint can be used on all sorts of surfaces and for a variety of purposes. It can be applied to canvas, paper, board and even wood, fabric and pottery. Its versatility and vibrancy means it is a popular choice for artists, students and hobbyists.
Do you need to mix acrylic paint with water?
Generally, acrylic paint does not need to be mixed with water and is ready to use straight out of the tube. However, if you want to achieve a more diluted or translucent look, mixing in water can achieve this effect.
What are some acrylic paint ideas?
You can find great ideas on the art painting projects page such as:
- Fruit Wall Art Painting
- Monochrome Paintings
- Lotus Painting Project
- Starry Sunset Painting
- Mini Canvas Abstract Painting
What Other Art Paints And Painting Supplies Can I Find At Spotlight?
- Paint brushes and brush sets: Make your works come alive with art paint brushes comprising varying widths and sizes to use with acrylics, oils and watercolours. If choosing gets confusing, make sure you consult our buying guide for paint brushes.
- Acrylic paint pouring mediums: Explore specialty painting mediums and compounds like resins and primers for wood and canvas, retarders for delaying the drying time of acrylics and oils, and gels to create a range of different textures and finishes to your acrylic artworks.
- Oil paints, paint sets and supplies: Oil paints offer artists flexibility, depth and come with a compound that doesn't dry too quickly, so you can work at a relaxed pace.
- Specialty acrylic and fabric paints: Whether it's for fashion design or some fun at home with the kids, move beyond canvas and paper with specialty acrylic and fabric paints, and experiment with using acrylics on leather or fabrics like cotton and denim.
- Watercolour paints and paint sets: Free of harsh chemicals, watercolour paint & art sets bring light and airy tones to your art, provide outstanding value-for-money and make cleaning up a breeze.
Find The Right Acrylic Paints And Paint Sets At Spotlight
Ready to buy? Shop through our painting supplies including acrylic paints and paint sets online. However, before you do, it pays to know more about paints and painting by reading our guides on choosing paint mediums and choosing paint brushes. Alternatively, head into a Spotlight store to see our collection in person, check out the accessories we have available and speak with one of our friendly customer service team who'll be happy to answer your questions. Our Create Blog also has a huge variety of inspiration and projects to try at home including a helpful guide on Acrylic Painting Techniques and How to Make Textured Canvas Art.