Brother 'Win a Trip to New York City' Competition
Spotlight and Simplicity by Brother are giving you a chance to win a trip for 2 adults to New York.
Simply purchase a Simplicity by Brother sewing machine (model SL100, SL300 or SL500) in any Australian store or Spotlight’s Australian website during the Promotion Period and supply your VIP club card or membership number at the point of sale to automatically go into the draw.
Competition is open from Wednesday 19th November until 11:59pm AEST on Monday 19th January 2015.
The winners will be drawn on Friday 23rd January 2015.
The winning entry will win a trip for 2 adults to New York City, including the following:
• 2 x return economy air tickets with from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to New York City (inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharges).
• 5 nights’ accommodation.
• All airport transfers to and from the New York airport and the hotel
• AU$2,000 spending money
• Travel must take place between 1 March – 30 September 2015.
How To Enter:
Entrants must purchase a Simplicity by Brother sewing machine (model SL100, SL300 or SL500) in an Australian store or Spotlight’s Australian website during the Promotion Period and supply their VIP club card or membership number at the point of sale to automatically go into the draw.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to all Australian residents who are or become Spotlight VIP club members.
2. The competition commences at 12.01am ADST on 19th November 2014 and closes at 11.59pm ADST on 19th January 2015 (the "Promotion Period").
3. Entrants must purchase a Simplicity by Brother sewing machine (model SL100, SL300 or SL500) in an Australian store or Spotlight’s Australian website during the Promotion Period and supply their VIP club card or membership number at the point of sale to automatically go into the draw.
4. All entries will become the property of the Promoter and no information as to the quantity of entries will be provided to any Entrant. Entry details may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes unless otherwise advised by the Entrant.
5. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies, and employees of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win the prize.
6. The Prize Draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal at Level 5, 492 St Kilda Rd Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia at 11.00am ADST on Friday 23rd January 2015. The drawn result is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. If the prize/s is not claimed within 3 months of the results date, an unclaimed prize assessment will be conducted at Anisimoff Legal at Level 5, 492 St Kilda Rd Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia at 11.00am ADST on Friday 24th April 2015 in accordance with any State or Territory Regulations. The result is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the unclaimed prize result assessment, and in writing as far as practicable within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the unclaimed prize result assessment. The name of the winner will be published on the Internet at www.spotlight.com, and on Spotlight’s Facebook wall.
8. The winner consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoter including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoter’s Internet site, social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
9. The winning entry will win a trip for 2 adults to New York City, including the following:
•2 x return economy air tickets with from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to New York City (inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharges).
•5 nights accommodation.
•All airport transfers to and from the New York airport and the hotel
•AU$2,000 spending money
•Travel must take place between 1 March – 30 September 2015.
10. Further details of the prize are provided below. All other costs not included in the prize package are the winner’s responsibility. These include without limitation, costs relating to passports, visas, government levies, ground transport, travel insurance, meals, beverages, additional taxes, all insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to additional room charges such as pay per view movies, laundry, room service, mini-bar, telephone calls), any upgrades or additional nights and all other ancillary costs.
11. The winner and each of their companions are responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoter strongly recommends travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the winner’s holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
12. The winner must have or acquire valid travel insurance to redeem the prize.
13. The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner’s choice if that person is over 18 years of age or to a guardian of that person if that person is under 18 years of age.
14. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
15. The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked at least 1 month prior to travel (“Redemption Deadline”). To redeem the prize, the winner shall provide the Promoter with the full name of the travellers as appears on their passport and confirm preferred dates of travel 1 month prior to the preferred departure date. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of reservation. No changes to itinerary and accommodation is permitted once the Promoter has confirmed dates of travel and accommodation or if allowed, it may be subject to a surcharge or administrative fees which shall be borne by the winner. If the winner fails to redeem the whole and part of the prize within the Redemption Deadline, the relevant unredeemed portion of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute that prize for another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory where required.
16. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
17. The Promoter will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost.
19. The Promoter is Spotlight Pty Ltd (ABN 39 564 861 886), Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, Australia.
• Return Economy Flights for 2 people to New York City departing from the winners nearest Australian capital city
• Return transfers in NYC between the hotel and the airport
• 5 Nights Accommodation in NYC
• AU$2,000 spending money
• Prize value is up to $10,000 (depending on date of travel)
Travel must take place between 1st March 2015 – 30th September 2015. Travel is subject to availability.
ACT: TP 14/03691