Win a Sewing Class with Gertie
To celebrate the launch of Gretchen Hirsch's new fabric collection at Spotlight Stores, we're giving two lucky fans the chance to win a 2 day sewing class with Gertie herself, at Spotlight Bayswater!To be in the draw, simply tell us (on the correct Facebook post) in 25 words or less, why you love Gertie and how she has inspired your sewing adventures?
Be quick, entries close 11.59pm (AEST) on Sunday the 23rd April.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Win a 2 Day Sewing Class with Gretchen Hirsch!
Commencement Date:12.01am AEST on Thursday 20th April 2017
Closing Date:11.59pm AEST on Sunday 23rd of April 2017
Who can enter
All current Victorian residents that 'Like' the Spotlight Facebook page: www.facebook.com/spotlightstores (Entrants).
How to enter
Two winners will each receive:
- A 2-day Sewing Class with Gretchen Hirsch valued at approximately AUD $240.00 each
- A copy of Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book, valued at AUD $39.99
- A $100 Spotlight gift card to purchase dress fabric, interfacing, zipper (to match fabric choice), general sewing tools
Total prize value: AUD $759.98
Sewing Class Details:
Dates: Saturday 6th of May 2017 & Sunday 7th of May 2017
Time: 9am - 4pm
Location: Spotlight Bayswater (224/234 Canterbury Rd, Bayswater North VIC 3153)
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Class Details:Join Gretchen "Gertie" Hirsch to make the perfect Vintage-Inspired Dress! Using the basic bodice from Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book, the two lucky winners will learn invaluable skills on fitting, the best techniques for sewing and pressing darts, sewing a perfectly neat all-in-one facing, and much more.
Gretchen will demonstrate the basic jewel neckline, as well as the V-neck option and an elegant narrow shoulder alternative. Then choose from one of three skirts (A-Line, Three-Quarter, or Pencil) to make the dress your own.
- Expert tutorial 2-day class with Gretchen Hirsch
- Access to Sewing Machine, Overlocker, Irons, Ironing Boards, Tracing Paper, Tailor Hams & Rulers
- A selection of snack food and drink each day
What's not included:
- Transportation to and from venue
Prize Selection Method
The top two entries selected by Spotlight as judged on the following criteria:i. Originality ii. Creativity iii. Grammar
Initial Prize Selection
Will take place at the Promoter's office at 10.00am AEST on Wednesday 26th April 2017
Unclaimed Prize Selection
If a prize/s are not claimed within 24 hours of the Initial Prize Selection, an unclaimed prize selection will be conducted at the Promoter's office at 10.00am AEST on Friday 28th April 2017
Spotlight Pty Ltd (ABN 39 564 861 886), Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205, Australia.
1. The above table forms part of these T&Cs and contains details concerning when, who and how to enter the time, place & method of prize selection prize details and who the promoter is and any permit details. Products required to be purchased for entry (if any) will not always be available at every store or via the shop at home service or online store and any rainchecks, lay by purchases or payments will not be counted for entry purposes.
2. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies, and employees of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win the prize.
3. All prize selection/s are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The winner/s will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the relevant prize selection, and in writing as far as practicable within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the prize selection. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter's website and on the Promoter's Facebook wall.
5. The winner/s consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoter including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoter's Internet site, social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
6. The prize/s cannot be exchanged for any other prize, and except in the case of cash prizes, cannot be exchanged for cash. Prize/s are not transferable. Prizes comprising gift cards/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions related to those gift cards/vouchers and might have an expiry date or redemption conditions.
7. The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner's choice if that person is over 18 years of age or to a guardian of that person if that person is under 18 years of age.
8. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, subject to the approval of those authorities which have issued permits for the conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
9. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
10. The Promoter will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost. If a Membership card/number is not produced at the time of purchase, then that purchase will not be credited against the Member's accumulated total for the purposes of entering the competition. If the P.O.S System fails or if the Membership number is recorded incorrectly, every effort will be made to record the data not captured at the time of the purchase, where practical.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in connection with the competition, any omission to enter a person into the competition, acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants completely release Facebook.