|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
MAKE A QUILT COMPETITION 2019
Make a quilt & win a trip to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Commencement Date: 12.01am AEST on Wednesday 8th May 2019 /2:01am NZST on Wednesday 8th May 2019/ 10:01pm SGT/MYT on Tuesday 7th May 2019
Closing Date: 11.59pm AEST on Saturday 10th August 2019 /1:59am NZST on Sunday 11th August 2019 /9:59pm SGT/MYT on Saturday 10th August 2019
Who can enter
All current Australian, New Zealand, Singapore, & Malaysian residents aged 18 years or over who are or become a Spotlight VIP member during the Promotion Period.
How to enter
During the Promotion Period, entrants must make a finished Quilt.
At least 50% of the materials (including but not limited to the fabric, wadding and backing) used to make the Quilt must be purchased during the Promotion Period in any Spotlight store/s or via the Spotlight Shop at Home Service or online store.
Entrants must have presented their Member's club card/Membership number when purchasing the Quilt materials.
After purchasing the Quilt materials, entrants must complete the entry form (including their name, contact details and Spotlight VIP membership number) and provide a photograph/scan of their proof of purchase for the Quilt materials from Spotlight during the Promotion Period along with at least three high quality digital photographs of the finished Quilt. One photograph must be of the front of the Quilt, one photograph must be of the back and one photograph must be a flat shot of the entire Quilt front. Additional photographs will be accepted if necessary (e.g. to show detail in the quilt). Entries or photographs depicting scenes unsuitable for public display will not be eligible to win any of the prizes.
For the purpose of this competition, a Quilt is defined as a covering made of padding enclosed between layers of fabric and kept in place by lines of stitching, typically applied in a decorative design. The Quilt must be completely finished. No actual Quilts are to be submitted by entrants. No photographs submitted will be returned to entrants.
Admission to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas from 31 October 2019 to 3 November 2019 and enrolment into 2 quilting classes (of the winner's choice) at the International Quilt Festival. Economy return flights for two people to Houston, Texas for the International Quilt Festival from the winner's closest Australian capital city. 7 Nights accommodation for 2 people valued at approximately 3000 AUD.
Valued at approximately $6500 AUD or $6,939.21 NZD or 6,331.05 SGD or 19,325.30 MYR. (Due to fluctuating flight prices and associated factors outside of the control of the Promoter)
$500AUD debit card
Total prize pool = Valued at approximately 7000 AUD or $7,394.04 NZD or 6,718.78 SGD or 20,391.86 MYR.
Please Note: Prize can only be redeemed for travel while the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas is on and flights must depart Australia prior to 31 October 2019.
Prize Selection Method
Judgement of the best entry will be undertaken by a panel of judges from Spotlight. The judges will determine the winner, in their sole discretion, based on the following criteria - 50% use of Spotlight fabric used in the Quilt, 20% workmanship, 15% originality and 15% design. The results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Initial Prize Selection
Will take place at the Promoter's Australian office (address below) at 2pm AEST/ 4pm NZST/ 12pm SGT/MYT on Friday 30th August 2019
Unclaimed Prize Selection
If a winner has not come forth to claim a prize/s within 1 month of the Initial Prize Selection, an unclaimed prize selection will be conducted at the Promoter's Australian office (address below) at 2pm AEST/ 5pm NZDT/ 12pm SGT/MYT on Friday 6th September 2019
Spotlight Pty Ltd (ABN 39 564 861 886), Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205, AustraliaSpotlight Limited (company registration no. 553661)
Spotlight Stores Sdn Bhd (My COID 1063748-V)
Spotlight Pte. Ltd (UEN 199504453C)
- By entering this competition, and by attempting to do so, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and expressly gives the consents referred to in these Terms and Conditions. Any person who attempts to enter this competition shall be referred to in these Terms and Conditions as an "entrant", irrespective of whether any competition entry is accepted by the Promoter.
- The above table forms part of these Terms and Conditions and contains details concerning when, who and how to enter, the time, place & method of prize selection, prize details, and who the promoter is and any permit details. Products required to be purchased for entry (if any) will not always be available at every store or via the shop at home service or online store and any rainchecks, lay by purchases or payments will not be counted for entry purposes.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies, and officeholders, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win any prize.
- The Promoter's decisions in relation to any aspect of this competition (including in relation to prize selections) is final and binding on each person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner/s will be notified by telephone on the day of the relevant prize selection, within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the prize selection.
- The winner/s consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoter including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoter's Internet site, social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material for an unlimited time and without remuneration as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
- The prize/s cannot be exchanged for any other prize, and except in the case of cash prizes, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. Prize/s are not transferable, changeable or exchangeable. Any images associated with the prize/s are for promotional purposes only. Prizes comprising gift cards/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions related to those gift cards/vouchers and might have an expiry date or redemption conditions such as a requirement that the entire voucher must be redeemed in one transaction or the remaining sum will be forfeited.
- All other costs not included in the prize package are the winner's responsibility. These include without limitation, costs relating to passports, visas, government levies, ground transport, travel insurance, meals, beverages, spending money, additional taxes, all insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to additional room charges such as pay per view movies, laundry, room service, mini-bar, telephone calls), any upgrades, pre-flight or inflight purchases or additional nights and all other ancillary costs.
- The winner and each of their companions are solely responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoter strongly recommends the winner obtains (at the winner's own cost) travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the winner's holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner's choice if that person is over 18 years of age.
- The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked at least 1 month prior to travel and departure must occur prior to 31st October 2019 ("Redemption Deadline"). To redeem the prize, the winner shall provide the Promoter with the full name of the travellers as appears on their passport and confirm preferred dates of travel 1 month prior to the preferred departure date. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of reservation. No changes to itinerary and accommodation is permitted once the Promoter has confirmed dates of travel and accommodation or if allowed, it may be subject to a surcharge or administrative fees which shall be borne by the winner. If the winner fails to redeem the whole or part of the prize within the Redemption Deadline, the relevant unredeemed portion of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute that prize for another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory where required.
- Any change in value occurring between the publishing date and the date the prize is redeemed is not the responsibility of the Promoter. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at all times acting reasonably, reserves the right to substitute that prize or element with another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (acting reasonably), subject to the approval of any relevant authority if required.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant (and to prohibit that entrant from resubmitting an entry into the competition) where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted otherwise than in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive manner or who acts with intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or who behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, or who engages in conduct which is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- Entries must not include any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, objectionable or inappropriate (which includes any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or obscene language).
- If for any reason (including due to tampering or interference) this competition is not capable of running as planned, subject to the approval of those authorities which have issued permits for the conduct of this competition, the Promoter, at all times acting reasonably, reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected entries, illegible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged entries) or entries deemed ineligible due to incorrect entrant information. The Promoter will not accept entries which are incomplete, illegible, or which are generated by computers or other automated means.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost. If a Membership card/number is not produced at the time of purchase, then that purchase will not be credited against the Member's accumulated total for the purposes of entering the competition. If the P.O.S System fails or if the Membership number is recorded incorrectly, every effort will be made to record the data not captured at the time of the purchase, where practical.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in connection with the competition, any omission to enter a person into the competition, acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. The winner releases the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers (the "Released Parties") from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from any prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by the prize winner if necessary. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that were the parties are at arm's length goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Entrants' details may be used for future promotions carried out by the Promoter. Entrants can request not to receive information about future promotions by calling 1300 305 405 or unsubscribing from email communications. The Promoter may continue to provide entrants with information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant. For competitions run in New Zealand, entrants' consent to their details being used for future promotions carried out by the Promoter. Entrants can request not to receive information about future promotions by calling 0800 276 222 or unsubscribing from email communications. The Promoter may continue to provide entrants with information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.