Make a Quilt Competition
Enter herefor your chance to WIN a trip to Houston, Texas, valued at $6500 AUD.
Simply create a finished quilt using at least 50% off materials purchased from any Spotlight store/sor online as a VIP member, and submit a photo of your proof of purchase along with photos of your finished quilt.
Congratulations to the winner of our Make a Quilt Competition: Tania Tanti
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Commencement Date: 12.01am AEDT on Wednesday 4th April 2018
Closing Date: 11.59pm AEST on Tuesday 26th June 2018
Who can enter
All current Australian, New Zealand, Singapore, & Malaysian residents who are or become a Spotlight VIP Club member (Member)
How to enter
During the Promotion Period, entrants must make a finished quilt. At least 50% of the materials (including but not limited to the fabric, wadding and backing) used to make the Quilt must be purchased during the Promotion Period in any Spotlight store/sor via the Spotlight Shop at Home Service or online store and have presented their Member's club card/Membership number.
For the purpose of this competition, a Quilt is defined as a covering made of padding enclosed between layers of fabric and kept in place by lines of stitching, typically applied in a decorative design. The Quilt must be completely finished.
Entrants must provide a photograph/scan of their proof of purchase during the Promotion Period with their entry details along with at least three high quality digital photographs of the finished Quilt. One photograph must be of the front of the Quilt, one photograph must be of the back and one photograph must be a flat shot of the entire Quilt front. Additional photographs will be accepted if necessary (e.g. to show detail in the quilt). Entries or photographs depicting scenes unsuitable for public display will not be eligible to win any of the prizes.
No actual Quilts are to be submitted by entrants. No photographs submitted will be returned to entrants. Entrants can visit spotlightcompetitions.com/houston and submit their full name, VIP Club Card/membership number and contact phone number with their photographs and proof of purchase.
- Economy return flights for two people to Houston, Texas from 5th November until 12th November 2018, Valued at $6500AUD.
- 7 Nights' accommodation for 2 people.
- Admission to the international Quilt Festival and enrolment into 2 quilting classes of your choice.
- $500 debit card
Prize Selection Method
Judgement of the best entry will be undertaken by a panel of judges. The judges will base their determinations on the following criteria - 50% Choice of Spotlight fabric used in the Quilt, 20% workmanship, 15% originality and 15% design. The results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Initial Prize Selection
Judging will take place at Spotlight Support Group at 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, Australia at 11.00am AEST on Friday 29th June 2018
Unclaimed Prize Selection
If a prize/s are not claimed within 1 month of the Initial Prize Selection, an unclaimed prize selection will be conducted at the Promoter's office (address below) at 11 am AEST Friday 27th July 2017.
Spotlight Pty Ltd (ABN 39 564 861 886), Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne, Vic 3205, Australia
1. The above table forms part of these T&Cs and contains details concerning when, who and how to enter the time, place & method of prize selection prize details and who the promoter is and any permit details. Products required to be purchased for entry (if any) will not always be available at every store or via the shop at home service or online store and any rainchecks, lay by purchases or payments will not be counted for entry purposes.
2. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies, and employees of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to win the prize.
3. All prize selection/s are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The winner/s will be notified where possible by telephone on the day of the relevant prize selection, and in writing as far as practicable within two business days and no more than five business days after the date of the prize selection. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter's website and on the Promoter's Facebook wall.
5. The winner/s consents to their name, town/suburb of residence and a photo being published by the Promoter including, but not limited to, being published on the Promoter's Internet site, social media pages, in their stores and in marketing material as a condition of acceptance of the prize. Further information will be published only with the permission of the winner.
6. The prize/s cannot be exchanged for any other prize, and except in the case of cash prizes, cannot be exchanged for cash. Prize/s are not transferable. Prizes comprising gift cards/vouchers are subject to any terms and conditions related to those gift cards/vouchers and might have an expiry date or redemption conditions.
7. All other costs not included in the prize package are the winner's responsibility. These include without limitation, costs relating to passports, visas, government levies, ground transport, travel insurance, meals, beverages, additional taxes, all insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to additional room charges such as pay per view movies, laundry, room service, mini-bar, telephone calls), any upgrades, pre-flight or inflight purchases or additional nights and all other ancillary costs.
8. The winner and each of their companions are responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoter strongly recommends travel insurance valid for the entire duration of the winner's holiday, to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
9. The prize may only be transferred, but not sold for profit, to a person of the winner's choice if that person is over 18 years of age or to a guardian of that person if that person is under 18 years of age.
10. The prize is subject to availability and it must be booked at least 1 month prior to travel / for departure prior to 5th November 2018 ("Redemption Deadline"). To redeem the prize, the winner shall provide the Promoter with the full name of the travellers as appears on their passport and confirm preferred dates of travel 1 month prior to the preferred departure date. Reservations are subject to availability at the time of reservation. No changes to itinerary and accommodation is permitted once the Promoter has confirmed dates of travel and accommodation or if allowed, it may be subject to a surcharge or administrative fees which shall be borne by the winner. If the winner fails to redeem the whole or part of the prize within the Redemption Deadline, the relevant unredeemed portion of the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute that prize for another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory where required.
11. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, subject to the approval of those authorities which have issued permits for the conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
13. The Promoter will take all necessary steps to ensure that entries are properly recorded and stored, but will accept no liability if an entry is not recorded or is lost. If a Membership card/number is not produced at the time of purchase, then that purchase will not be credited against the Member's accumulated total for the purposes of entering the competition. If the P.O.S System fails or if the Membership number is recorded incorrectly, every effort will be made to record the data not captured at the time of the purchase, where practical.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in connection with the competition, any omission to enter a person into the competition, acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.